Raven Audio - Speakers Spotted at Florida Audiofest

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by avanti1960, Feb 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avanti1960

avanti1960 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Interesting looking speakers and reasonable priced introduced from Raven Audio.
    Of note the Stereophile reviewer mentioned :
    "I don't know if designing their own loudspeakers and cabling is the reason that Raven Audio's exhibit took a major sonic step forward from their previous audio-show displays"

Quite a complement since Raven has typically been paired with the best offerings from Legacy Audio at the shows we've seen.
    If they sound as good as their amplifiers they may have some winner on hand....

From Country to Classical in Tampa

displayname, Shawn, Nephrodoc and 2 others like this.
  2. mike.

mike. Forum Resident

I heard them and they are no joke. Incredible sound reproduction. Very accurate and articulate. I was blown away by their room.

3. james

james Summon The Queen

92db efficient towers for 4K. Nice. Wonder how much the monitors are...

displayname and JackG like this.
  4. vinylbuff

vinylbuff Forum Resident

The rep was smiling from ear to ear the entire time I was in the room. The Tampa show was the first time the towers were demonstrated to the public. The rep said the official release is supposed to be AXPONA but they couldn't wait. It was worth it as they did sound really nice.

displayname and mike. like this.
  5. avanti1960

avanti1960 Forum Resident Thread Starter

nice !!! I'll be hearing them at AXPONA !!!

waterclocker and JackG like this.
  6. head_unit

head_unit Senior Member

Jeez those are huge "bookshelf" speakers! So silly it is bringing a smile to my face. :laugh: Definitely illustrating that efficiency means large cabinets.
    Interesting those don't use ribbons, unless that is a different Raven company.

displayname likes this.
  7. mtrot

mtrot Forum Resident

I'm excited to hear them at Lone Star Audio Fest in Dallas in May! Don't think I'll make it to AXPONA this year. It's interesting that Raven is using ring radiator tweeters. I wonder what the similarities or differences are from those ring radiator tweeters that Sonus Faber uses.

8. waterclocker

waterclocker Forum Resident

Sweet! I've been wanting to hear what the Raven integrated amps can do. The shows I've been to seem to focus on pairing the larger Raven amps to the big Legacy speakers.

9. Helom

Helom Forum member

They'd need to be a masterpiece to put up with those looks.

10. RavenDave

RavenDave RavenDave

The new Corvus Reference Monitors are $7,995.00 The matching 1,500 watt subwoofer cabinet, with DSD room correction adds $5,000.00.

displayname likes this.
  11. dolsey01

dolsey01 Forum Resident

Very Tekton'ish.... :confused:

displayname likes this.
  12. vinylbuff

vinylbuff Forum Resident

When I went in the Raven room, the 20 watt Blackhawk MK 3 was in use. Nobody knew which amp they were using until the rep said, "That's our 20 watt integrated you are listening to" and that opened more than a few eyes, (mine included). As people filed in and out during the demo, you could hear "Wow, 20 watts?...……… impressive!

Nephrodoc and waterclocker like this.
  13. RavenDave

RavenDave RavenDave

The ring radiators are ScanSpeak. The subwoofer amplification is our version of a Pascal digital amplifier. And the ones we brought to Florida were still in their prototype cabinets. The new finished product will look quite different. Here's what they will look like!

Helom, Nephrodoc and mtrot like this.
  14. RavenDave

RavenDave RavenDave

The new CeLest' towers, 92dB, with (2) 5.5" Scan Speak drivers and ring radiators - they are the same ones we had in Florida - only we will be bringing the final finished versions of both speakers. They are going to retail for $3,995. The bass response and pure powerful slam from these little towers is truly unbelievable. I do mean UNBELIEVABLE - yet tight, clean, clear and punchy. James Connell is the speaker designer, and one of the new partners in Raven Audio. James has been designing loudspeakers for over 25 years on the pro side. He has also worked with the Dallas Symphony and several of the smaller ensembles from that orchestral group - as an audio/video recording engineer. He is also a multi-instrumental musician/singer... as is our other new partner, Bryant Wilson. So all three of the new member/partners of Raven Audio are or have been in the professional music industry, both on the performance and engineering side - literally for decades. So we all truly do know what music should sound like and how to actually play it too~! That is somewhat unique in this industry... and I believe it's important. It does make a difference when the designers/manufacturers know what music should actually sound like.

Nephrodoc likes this.
  15. RavenDave

RavenDave RavenDave

The new Nighthawk and Blackhawk MK3's are finally shipping. [​IMG]

16. vinylbuff

vinylbuff Forum Resident

I was VERY impressed with what I heard in the Raven room in Tampa. Sounds like Raven Audio has themselves some winners!:righton:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.