Ray Donovan - Season 6

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Chazro, Oct 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident Thread Starter

The show's officially returning this coming Sun. I decided I'd re-watch the last few episodes of season 5 (so glad I did as they were so much better the 2nd time around!) and lo and behold, there was the newest episode on demand. New locale, new faces, of which the brightest new addition is unquestionably Domenic Lombardozzi, Herc from the Wire! I've seen DL in a bunch of different shows thru the years but he's always the same guy; Herc! Good thing he's such a likeable dude and apparently him and Ray are gonna be pals! We'll see if Susan Sarandon's is the new Ezra or is she gonna cross Ray down the line? They touched on the Cancer but I get the sense that the show is ready to move on. It's L.A. slickness has been replaced with NY grime, I like it! I only hope that somewhere along the way the show re-discovers it's sense if humor.

2. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Well I’ll be darned, the new episode is there!

3. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

How was the first episode?

4. Chazro

Wait...you checked, and confirmed, that the new episode is there. Why don't you check it out and weigh in?

5. I didn't like the way season five ended myself.

6. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

I didn’t like last season and never watched the last few episodes.

7. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

I think the writers took the criticism that last season was boring. Pretty good so far. These first 2 are back to old school Ray Donovan.

alexpop likes this.
  8. Chazro

Now THIS was a return to form! Tellyawhat, I don't think I've ever been so happy to see a bat!!;)

Szeppelin75 likes this.
  9. Propinquity

Propinquity Forum Resident

Don't f*** with Mickey Donovan.

10. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

That montage to Nas’s N.Y State Of Mind was spectacular that shows Ray training in the boxing ring getting back in shape and cleaned up while his dad and brother are on the run.

11. Time Is On My Side

Time Is On My Side Forum Resident

Is this going to be the final season?

12. Chazro

I read something yesterday that slammed the point home for me about what a nerd I am about this show! Since the 1st season, Ray was always driving his very sweet, sexy Mercedes. A car that I took to calling, I kid you not, the Raymobile!;) This season, with his move to NYC he's been assigned a Cadillac. This car is more like a Mickymobile, I hate it! Well, the ONLY good news from the GMC vultures, that announced factory closings and lay offs for the holidays, is that ONE of the vehicles heading for the scrap heap is Ray's new Cadillac! Love it!;) I'm just lovin' that at this late stage of my life, I still geek out from time to time!

13. Chazro

So very pleased when I saw Alan Alda in tonight's episode! What a thoroughbred! Liev Schreiber's been on a roll, just last night I saw Spotlight, what a cast!, and it was outstanding!

14. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Incredibly, it just got picked up for a seventh season by Showtime...

‘Ray Donovan’ Renewed For Season 7 By Showtime

I think this past season in NYC has been very uneven, and I kind of wince at the gimmick they use in every episode where Ray gets the living crap beaten out of him. And I'm fast-forwarding through anything with Bunchy or Terry. But I'm watching everything else. For awhile, I started to say, "hey, I'd like to see a show just about Susan Sarandon's character: a billionaire media executive who will do anything (and I mean anything) to get ahead in showbiz." But then she went and did something very bad, and I now suspect she ain't gonna be around for Season 7.

I like the show and I'm watching it, but it takes some effort.

I saw that and thought, WTF? This is a guy who needs at least an S550, if not an Audi R8. Or a Tesla Roadster (when that comes out in a few months).

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  15. Chazro

NYC seems to be beating the crap outta the Donovan bros! Except for Daryl, who's being seduced by grandma! Seriously though, Ray, Terry, and Bunchy have taken life-threatening beatings. Is the season going to end with everybody in the hospital? Or the morgue? I'm a fan, I thought this was the last season so I'm glad to hear it's been renewed, but I sure hope they find a way to lighten it up a tad. These last 2 seasons have been rough!

16. Humbuster

Humbuster Staff Emeritus

Have not watched this season yet, however noticed the finale was last night.

WAs it the season finale or series finale?

I thought the show was ending in Season 6.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
  17. Chazro

They just might've jumped the shark with the finale, not sure. Only way to truly know if they did will be to watch next season!;)

Deuce66 likes this.
  18. arcamsono

arcamsono Senior Member

Its good.Watched the few seasons. Good characters.

19. Veltri

Veltri ♪♫♫♪♪♫♫♪

You mean Bridget? She's a Donovan...

20. Joshua Tree

Joshua Tree Forum Resident

Good season, I think they will go for a #7.

21. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

and after they jumped they cut it up into chunks in the garage with a chainsaw in the middle of the night and no one complained about the noise....or the digging in the back yard, nothing to see here

Szeppelin75 likes this.
  22. forthlin

forthlin Member Chris & Vickie Cyber Support Team

If only you had said "won't be hanging around for Season 7";)

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  23. Chazro

I've mentioned elsewhere how I see very strong similarities in the family dynamic of the Donovans vs. The Sopranos, especially the wife and daughter. I don't think I'd explain Meadow suddenly chopping heads by saying something like; she's a Soprano!;)

Szeppelin75 likes this.
  24. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

It was a very dark, miserable season here's hoping they can lighten things up just a bit for season 7 although I can't see how given how damaged Ray is.

25. Veltri

Veltri ♪♫♫♪♪♫♫♪

No, me neither. I found it unlike Bridgit and if it wasn't a season finale would have chalked this up to a one-off farcical episode. Also silly was the in a residential community gravedigging.

The show tried to explain it as her being a Donovan with Mickey's statement, hence my comment.

This could be as you suggest, the jump the shark moment. Or at least the chop the shark into little pieces moment.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.