Ray Donovan - Season 6

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Chazro, Oct 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leemelone

leemelone Forum Resident

When I watched the first part of season finale, I thought I was watching a Quentin Tarantino or Rob Zombie film. While I appreciate both's work, I thought it was way too over the top for a Ray Donovan episode. The whole Bridget making sandwiches and then picking up the chainsaw was surreal and it just doesn't fit in with the feel of rest of the series. Jumped the shark indeed.

2. four sticks

four sticks Senior Member

That was so unlike her character I thought for sure it was a bad dream her fiance was having.

3. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

Wash off the blood, get into this dress and let's go to City Hall and get married :pineapple:. :wtf::wtf::wtf:

Szeppelin75 likes this.
  4. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident Thread Starter

....and the ONLY way to know what's up is to tune in next season! And because of this I can't decide whether the creators are incompetents or brilliant!;)

5. Joshua Tree

Joshua Tree Forum Resident

After the very dark and depressing Season 5, I thought this one turned the corner in the tenth episode.

6. John Moschella

John Moschella Senior Member

I'm with you on the Bunchy stuff, I said to myself that if they don't kill off his character that this is the last season for me.
    1-3 great, 4 pretty good, 5 bad, 6 just OK. This show has run its course.

Still a few funny moments in season 6, like them digging a giant hole in the backyard of a Nassau County house with a high intensity light no less. I thought Bridget with the chainsaw was so over the top that it was funny. And of course Micky is Micky what a role for a senior like Voight, the guy is 80.

Vidiot likes this.
  7. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

We went to have lunch a few months ago at Jerry's Deli in Studio City, and who should be there in the front delicatessan section was Mr. Jon Voight! Damn if he didn't look like a million bucks -- even better than how he looks in the show. Well dressed, no gold chains, still with the slicked-back hair. Very glad to chat to his fans and take pictures. He's a tremendous actor. I strongly disagree with his politics, but his character Mickey Donovan is the role of a lifetime -- nobody else could play it but him.

Daryl M and John Moschella like this.
  8. Szeppelin75

Szeppelin75 Forum Resident

I love this show. Season 6 was a great pick up from the depressing season 5. Cant wait for 7.

I see a lot of similarities between Ray Donovan and my favourite show of all time The Sopranos.

Here's to more Ray Donovan.

Splungeworthy likes this.
  9. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident Thread Starter

WOW! How the mighty have fallen! The season premier was this past Sun. and since it hasn't been mentioned I'm just gonna assume that everyone that saw it was as dissapointed and unimpressed as I was. Its continuing the same totally unsatisfying scenario from last season. I've been a huge fan since the very 1st episode, this was depressing! If it continues along these lines I doubt I'll be able to hang for the whole season!

10. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

arcamsono likes this.
  11. arcamsono

arcamsono Senior Member

Not to bad. Couple turns. Ray had good line about getting ahead on some goings on.

Brenald79 likes this.
  12. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Eh... I've accepted that there's going to be segments in Ray Donovan I don't have the patience to sit through. If it's Bunchy or Terry... I'm gonna fast forward. If it's Ray or Mickey or the daughter... I'll watch. I think the show is struggling a bit, but the elements that are good still work OK to me. The side-plots are a little hard to take; the convenient "prison bus wreck" thing is a gimmick used in about 5000 films and TV shows prior to this.

13. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Ray Donovan seasons 1-6.

How does it compare with BB, Sopranos?
    Or Banshee?

If those shows are a solid 10/10( imo).

Aside ..IMDb gave it 8.3.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
  14. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Compares very well to those shows, especially Banshee. I guarantee you’ll love it.

alexpop likes this.
  15. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

I think it’s better than Banshee and a tick below the others mentioned.

alexpop likes this.
  16. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

I think if you loved Banshee you’d also find a lot of Ray Donovan comparably enjoyable. Ray is similar to the Anthony Starr character. I’m a total Banshee fanatic and it’s my only 11/10 show.

alexpop likes this.
  17. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

You know I’m a fan, right? I’ve watched the series twice. I have yet to check out the web episodes, though. But, yeah, I love Banshee.

You weren’t addressing me, though. I realize that.

18. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

I didn’t know you were a fan. That’s great. If you ever watch again I highly recommend watching the Banshee Origins web episodes along the way.

Do you see any similarities between Anthony Starr’s character and Donovan?

19. alexpop

Starr‘s better looking. :)

I did like Chuck. ( Stallone is in it as well).

Brenald79 likes this.
  20. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

In what way? The strong, silent type? If that's what you mean, then yes; otherwise, not so much.

21. alexpop

Bit of a comedown for Antony Starr with Boys ( man in tights)...after the amazing Banshee Although the shows not bad itself.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
  22. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Yeah that and he beats people up.

23. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Lucas Hood could take Ray Donovan pretty easily.

24. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Did you stream a show?

25. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

The Boys was great. A different role for Starr, but still a terrific performance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.