Re-release of Bowie "Reality" with Kinks cover??

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by audio, Dec 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. audio

audio New Member Thread Starter

I just read something on the Move list saying what I understood to mean that David Bowie is or has re-released "Reality" including his version of "Waterloo Sunset". Has anyone heard anything about this?

2. Tom

Tom Senior Member

It's being released again as the Tour edition and features a bonus DVD of the live show he did at Riverside Studios in London. It will only feature the Reality tracks plus a studio version of Waterloo Sunset which was already available on the Japaneese version of Reality.

The following is taken from www.davidbowie.com

"David Bowie's rendition of the Kinks' Waterloo Sunset has now been added to the Reality Tour Edition as a bonus track on disc one. The Tour Edition is the version with the Bonus DVD of the live performance of Reality that we told you about a couple of weeks back. (10/14/03 NEWS: SPECIAL DVD EDITION OF REALITY DUE NEXT MONTH) This release will be released in Europe on November 17th. "

3. peterC

peterC Aussie Addict

That's a song that few people (if any) have covered because I guess the original is so perfect.

4. audio

audio New Member Thread Starter

I agree, but I think Bowie may be the one person who could get away with it.

5. whitenoise

whitenoise New Member

Off topic, but Damon Albarn & Ray Davies do a great Waterloo Sunset on the Davies/Kinks tribute album. Maybe it only counts as half a cover, though. :)

6. Peter D

Peter D Forum Resident

I heard the Kinks cover on the radio last night (WFUV in NYC). It's nice, but it definitely doesn't have the magic of the original. For Bowie completists only, IMO...

7. reechie

reechie Senior Member

On the other hand, remember "God Only Knows." :D

8. peterC

peterC Aussie Addict

Yep, that's another song that nobody else should be touching!

9. mudbone

mudbone Gort Annaologist

Cathy Dennis did a great version of Waterloo Sunset. Really.

mud-:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.