Real Gone Music's Once-A-Year CD Sale Happening Now

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by realgoneguy, Oct 19, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. realgoneguy

realgoneguy Forum Resident Thread Starter

ONCE-A-YEAR CD SALE! SAVE UP TO 80% ON 273 TITLES!
    It's finally here--our Once-A-Year CD Sale! Save up to 80% on 273 titles including 36 CD titles priced at $4! Plus, we've pressed up a bunch of long out-of-print titles just for the sale, and put them on sale at 20% off. Sale lasts till midnight Halloween, and these savings are scary. So are some of the quantities...order soon to take full advantage! Here is the link
    https://bit.ly/3zsTEOy

2. patient_ot

patient_ot Senior Member

Is there a reason that 45 Grave CD costs $32? I don't recall seeing RG prices for a single CD that high in the past.

melstapler likes this.
  3. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

The cheap stuff ($4/$5) is mostly the exact same stuff that was that price last year. And the year before that.

I do see some stuff that was cheap before now "on sale" for several times the price of last year. (E.g. Beckies).

And a lot of the sale prices are barely a reduction from list price.

uzn007 and patient_ot like this.
  4. patient_ot

patient_ot Senior Member

Can't remember when I last shopped one of their sales. I think it was a couple of years ago. I got the Belfegore and George Braith CDs. Both seem more expensive than what I paid for them at that time. They are good albums, but still. Don't get the wonky pricing scheme, especially some of the stuff seems quite high like the 45 Grave CD I mentioned. Normally a disc like that would be $15 MSRP or so. I have never paid $30+ for a domestic CD pressing from a non-audiophile label. It doesn't make any sense...

Davidmk5 likes this.
  5. Kevin In Choconut Center

Kevin In Choconut Center Offensive Coordinator

I got the Bob Crewe 2-disc set that has two of his mid-1970s albums. On sale for $7 plus shipping. I've wanted it for some time, but could not justify paying full price for it.
    Real Gone puts out some very good releases, I have several of their complete singles sets.

6. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I'm over there...

7. PopularChuck

PopularChuck Senior Member

Why isn't this in the classifieds?

8. melstapler

melstapler Reissue Activist

Well said. This 45 Grave disc was dirt cheap during the previous sale. Scalper prices during a sale just don't make sense.

rod and patient_ot like this.
  9. bubba-ho-tep

bubba-ho-tep Resident Ne'er-Do-Well

Just ordered Willie Nelson’s The Pamper Demos CD for $10 shipped.

10. The Elephant Man

The Elephant Man Forum Resident

I'm glad the album isn't called 'The Pampers Demos.'
    Whew.

11. Clark V Kauffman

Clark V Kauffman Forum Resident

At this stage, it would more likely be called “The Depends Demos.”

longdist01 and The Elephant Man like this.
  12. Graham

Graham Senior Member

Does anyone have any experience with Real Gone Music? I received a ‘your order is on its way’ email last Monday evening California time and the USPS shipping status is still showing as ‘shipping label created, USPS awaiting item’.

13. Greenalishi

Greenalishi Birds Aren’t Real

So Real Gone’s emails don’t correspond in real time. Got my order then the email. They have a loose system time wise. But excellent service and customer care.

The 32 buck CDs , Rain Parade and others, vinyl too. Are found stock sometimes. So limited and higher priced. Just supply and demand in action.

Didn’t care for the El Topo or Dance With Reality soundtracks. Great in the films but kinda generic on their own. Love the Alice Coletrane and Mahalia Jackson CDs. The new Merry Christmas Baby reissue from 56 is so cool. Just great music. The sound is not audiophile. But I love this cd so much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.