Received your "Pre-order" 2014 Beatles Mono vinyl records from Merchbar and/or Udiscover?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by joe spagnatti, Oct 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joe spagnatti

joe spagnatti Forum Resident Thread Starter

One of the main reasons we needed to have the 200+ page "Are the Beatles 2014 monos going out of print" thread was so people could communicate with each other about their communications with (and from) Merchbar and Udiscover.

...so has ANYONE received their orders from either of these sites...or are they still "stringing you along" with useless emails that say things like "...We still have yet to receive a response from the concerned team who is handling the status of your order..."?

boboquisp likes this.
  2. jimod99

jimod99 Daddy or chips?

That thread was started a long long time before the Merchbar and Udiscover “incident”

3. Linus

Linus Senior Member

“Vinyls” again!!!! Seriously?

4. joe spagnatti

Focus on WHAT is said, please, not HOW, thanks.

superstar19 and D.B. like this.
  5. joe spagnatti

Yes, but the "Merchbar and Udiscover incident" is ongoing! ...Which is my whole point!

6. jimod99

jimod99 Daddy or chips?

It’s not ongoing because it isn’t going to happen, these “reissues” dont exist, I can’t see why grown men can’t accept that.

As has been pointed out on the numerous Beatles Mono threads time and time again these albums were easy available for around 4 years, to quote my 10 year old “You snooze, you loose” it’s not a case of these albums “went out of print”, there was only ever one pressing, and it took years to sell them......

7. Vinyl_Blues

Vinyl_Blues Slave to the Groove

If I purchased every album or box set by an artist on vinyl that interested me soon after it was released, for fear that it would go out-of-print in a few years, I would be perpetually bankrupt. I suspect the same thing would be true for many other members on this forum. It can take time to get around to the things you want - sometimes a long time.

saborlord123, Ash76, Dmac99 and 7 others like this.
  8. jimod99

jimod99 Daddy or chips?

4 years is a pretty longtime!

When we moved from Canada last year, for work, my local branch of a large chain in Canada still had two copies of the Mono Box in stock, there was at least one other branch on a Ottawa that also had it.

You can’t expect everything to be available until you want to buy it, there’s plenty of records I’ve missed out on for various reasons but i won’t lose sleep over it.

Apple have moved on from Mono reissues, they’ll sell far more copies of Abbey Road on a picture disc than they will if they repress any of the Mono albums!

There’ll probably be multiple threads on here in 5 years from people complaining they can’t get a pic disc of Abbey Road in their local shop or Amazon!

9. joe spagnatti

You're assuming we didn't buy them previously...have you considered the possibility that some of us were buying again when we saw them for $23 each PLUS free shipping PLUS 25% off?!

Do they have hundreds of your $$$??
    ...I don't think so...if they did, you'd understand (and appreciate) this thread...

As long as they have THOUSANDS of our $$$ and have not either:

1) sent the albums
    OR
    2) canceled the orders and refunded the $$$
    OR
    3) Given us CONCRETE info about the previous two above...

then it IS ONGOING (By definition!)

Please people, don't clog up this thread with useless "opinions" about whether or not you think people "shoulda" done this and done that...let's keep this for REAL info regarding UPDATES, about these orders we've made.

ispace and Clucking like this.
  10. fishcane

fishcane Dirt Farmer

Ok fair enough, to the op I’m deleting

Simon A likes this.
  11. Szeppelin75

Szeppelin75 Forum Resident

They're not here, they're not coming.

NunoBento, astro70 and Myke like this.
  12. gckcrispy

gckcrispy Forum Resident

Thanks for starting the thread -- gives me a place to check in to see if others have received theirs.

I have not received mine. At this point, it will seem like a miracle if I do.

Merchbar and UDiscoverMusic have taken orders -- and held money -- for months on these. The last three times I've asked for updates -- as recently as last week -- I've gotten the same bolilerplate answer that the records are coming, but have been "delayed" in arriving from the manufacturer.

If they end up eventually mailing these out, all is forgiven. If they don't deliver, I hope the word spreads rapidly about what they've done, so that consumers can decide for themselves whether these sites are good places to shop.

13. joe spagnatti

uhhh, what??

akmonday likes this.
  14. joe spagnatti

You're welcome!!

It's good to see that SOMEONE here appreciates my posts.

15. joe spagnatti

Yes! That's why I started this thread...we NEED a place to share info to see what's going on...Lord knows these 2 companies aren't sharing any info!

16. fishcane

fishcane Dirt Farmer

My post was counter productive to the intent of your thread so per your post just above mine I deleted it.

17. danielkov86

danielkov86 Playing Devil's Avocado Since 1986

I gave up on my order and asked or a refund, which was granted the next day. I ordered the records I wanted from a Russian seller for reasonable prices and got them in a week.

ODShowtime and cwitt1980 like this.
  18. spacecoyote

spacecoyote Astral Resident

If possible, could you post pics of what you received from the Russian seller?

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
  19. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

I bought a white album and Mono Masters at retail earlier this year. That’s actually a pretty long time. It would be like waiting until after the Beatles broke up to buy Beatles for Sale.

There’s a lot of great Beatles-related and non-Beatles related releases that have come out since 2014, and will continue coming out. Time to shift focus?

20. fmfxray373

fmfxray373 Capitol LPs in the 70s were pretty good.

The Russians on discogs that frequently sell the Mono versions are reliable. It would cost more to create and sell a counterfeit than to sell the original Mono album. I bought ADHN from Russia it is a legitimate Optimal pressing.

21. spacecoyote

spacecoyote Astral Resident

There are known counterfeits of The Beatles in Mono, made in Russia. And when I look up the legitimate mono LPs on Discogs, there is (to me) a rather large percentage of sellers in Russia offering them for sale at much lower prices than elsewhere.

I don’t think any of us here are experts in the cost differential between making an unknown amount of counterfeits versus reselling the real thing. If you got a real one, that’s awesome. Could you post pics of the jacket and labels, that might go along away towards putting others minds at ease when it comes to making a risky purchase.

22. Kevin j

Kevin j The 5th 99

FAKE MONOS

23. Dre327

Dre327 Well-Known Member

I would also like to know if there are counterfeit Mono LP’s out there.... I know the cd’s have been counterfeited. I’ve never seen actual vinyl that are fake.

24. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

No kidding. Where did this come from?

25. danielkov86

danielkov86 Playing Devil's Avocado Since 1986

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Funny, I actually took pics the day they came in for the express purpose of posting them in this thread but forgot about it.

The pics are the box they came in and the records all bundled together. I didn't take a pic of the records unwrapped cause by that point I was excited to play WA.

NunoBento likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.