Received your "Pre-order" 2014 Beatles Mono vinyl records from Merchbar and/or Udiscover?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by joe spagnatti, Oct 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ispace

ispace Senior Member

So you may not be getting any mono LPs??

2. joe spagnatti

joe spagnatti Forum Resident Thread Starter

No, I am.

3. joe spagnatti

4. Sedwards

Sedwards Senior Member

I hope you fare better than I - here's the shipping and delivery notice I received from them and it ended up being the AR's. They don't exactly have their **** together over at udiscover.

[​IMG]

ispace likes this.
  5. Slowdazzle

Slowdazzle Well-Known Member

Merchbar is such a joke...

They had the Rubber Soul mono for preorder. Now its listed as backorder. On just one page (the order page) they give no less than 3 conflicting estimates for when it will ship:

“Please note: this item is expected to ship in approximatley 2-3 weeks.”

“Ships in 2-4 weeks.”

“This item is on backorder and is estimated to ship in 8 weeks.”

ODShowtime and DRM like this.
  6. joe spagnatti

Yeah, same here...I just got yet another of their worthless "no-information" emails...

Hi there,

I'm so sorry it is taking longer than expected.

As previously communicated from our warehouse partner, the order is delayed without an estimated timeline for shipment. We apologize for not having an estimated shipping date however, we expect your order to still be fulfilled.

You will receive an email confirmation with the shipping details once it has been shipped.

Kind regards,
    Jessica

7. Exotiki

Exotiki The Future Ain’t What It Use To Be

Wouldn’t be surprised if they were completely BSing this and they had far less copies then they are letting on.

IDK what benefits besides some ad traffic on the webpages that setting up false expectations could bring.

But trust me, I am rooting for you guys! Those LPs are worth the pain!

They are THE definitive versions of the Beatles mono LPs and in some cases the definitive versions of the albums

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
    saborlord123 and bluejimbop like this.
  8. joe spagnatti

Has anyone received notice AFTER NOV 5 that any of their Udiscover mono LPs are going to be shipped?? I HAVE A THEORY THAT THEY STILL HAVE MONOs IN STOCK AND ARE PICKING AND CHOOSING WHICH CUSTOMERS TO SHIP TO.

My theory will be proven correct if anyone receives word (or tracking info) that they are getting theirs AFTER they cancelled some of my mono LPs (and others here)...if there were none to send me, then HOW WOULD THEY BE ABLE TO SEND OUT ANY AFTERWARDS???

Actually, this would be telling too...HAS ANYONE RECEIVED A CANCELLATION EMAIL FROM UDISCOVER FOR EITHER AHDN OR THE WA BEFORE NOV 11 (WHEN THEY SAID THEY'D SHIP THE WA AND AHDN to me?)

...interesting to see the outcome here...

9. DRM

DRM Forum Resident

Wanted to keep you grounded, regarding my no mono Pepper’s comment.
    The roller coaster continues.

saborlord123 and Alex Zabotkin like this.
  10. mikizee

mikizee Forum Resident

Anyone received any more mono's lately?

11. ispace

ispace Senior Member

What did you receive?

12. Slowdazzle

I recieved my Help mono lp from Merchbar back in October (see my previous posts in this thread).

For a few weeks in October they had listed the Rubber Soul as a “preorder.” I ordered one, still no sign of it.

Did anyone get a copy of Beatles for Sale from Walmart? Movie Mars had copies for sale on the Walmart site for a few weeks. I ordered a copy and they canceled the order. Then it was listed as out of stock, but within a few days was back in stock. I ordered another copy and several weekes went by with no shipping update. Then I emailed them inquiry about it. They sent me a notification saying it was shipped with a Fedex number. The number wasnt recognized by fedex tracking for about a week, then I got another email saying my order was cancelled and refunded.

13. Dreaddazzman

Dreaddazzman Forum Resident

Movie Mars often lists things they don’t have. Their stock is not real time. They had the Gold Billy Idol Rebel Yell CD for sale on eBay, which several forum members bought and each order was cancelled.

Slowdazzle likes this.
  14. Slowdazzle

Dreaddazzman likes this.
  15. joe spagnatti

Helps, WA and FREE ARs and AR picture discs

16. joe spagnatti

I forgot to say that these were from Udiscover...Merchbar cancelled both my orders (ON THANKSGIVING DAY, after OVER 3 months of waiting!) But I asked them for a Pepper picture disc as compensation (like Udiscover did with the ARs, I told them and they agreed)...we'll see if they show. They still owe me over $11 of my refund for the cancelled monos...I've emailed them 4 times over the last week and still no response...horrible company.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
  17. DaleClark

DaleClark Forum Resident

I really wish EMI would have another mono box pressing. I really want one but can’t see paying the current used prices.

18. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

Rubber Soul, Revolver, White Album and Mono Masters were all available at retail in Japan early this year. I think they all sold out a couple of months ago(?). Maybe Udiscover and Merchbar were receiving unsold stock from overseas distributors?

19. DaleClark

DaleClark Forum Resident

Plenty of Mono masters at various places. Maybe a single album here and there. I missed the boat in 2014.

20. Slowdazzle

Beatles For Sale mono was available briefly a few weeks ago from Walmart via Movie Mars. I ordered a copy, they cancelled and refunded. Then it was listed as sold out, then available again. I ordered another copy, within a few days they cancelled it and refunded my payment.

However, when I came home today there was a package on front steps from Movie Mars. I opened it up and sure enough it was a Beatles For Sale mono. Was not expecting that at all, especially since they cancelled and refunded my payment! I must say I have gotten extremely lucky with Merchbar and now Movie Mars. Because my Help mono LP was late, Merchbar refunded me $15. So I got a brand new Help mono for $10 and brand new Beatles For Sale for free! Again, not really sure what the business model is with these two companies :shrug:

21. Dreaddazzman

Dreaddazzman Forum Resident

That's great! I wish I would have gotten that Billy Idol CD I ordered from them :mudscrying:

22. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

I think it's pretty clear that it's a disguised "bait and switch". Advertise items that you know you will have difficulty obtaining, get people who are interested in reissue vinyl to visit your site and provide you with their contact information, and try to sell them something else. It is often illegal in the context of a bricks and mortar type establishment. It's less clear when the actions take place on the internet, but I think that some jurisdictions have probably started enforcing against these types of practices.

Even if they have to give you a few people a free album, it is much, much cheaper overall than other forms of reaching the targeted consumer.

23. jimod99

jimod99 Daddy or chips?

And now he’s trying to sell them for a massive profit in the classifieds! :shake::shake:

24. joe spagnatti

...or...maybe he originally bought one for a massive amount and is trying to recoup his money (i.e., break even).

Bungalow B likes this.
  25. The Elephant Man

The Elephant Man Forum Resident

Hahahaha. I think this whole thing has been one giant hallucination!
    :--)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.