Recent CRAZY Surge in VIntage Vinyl Prices,Blonde on Blonde?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Peter Marchesi, Nov 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter Marchesi

Peter Marchesi 1% Thread Starter

Has Anyone Else Noticed Recently the Crazy Prices that "Blonde on Blonde" MONO Original

Albums are Fetching? Decent Copies (Without the Ugly Ringwear on the Cover) and The Record

being Graded at VG+ or Better are Now Getting $500 and up.That is IF You can Find One?

I Wonder if this will have an Effect on the OK Mono Version? So Far,I have not seen any Signifigant

Effect on the Prices of the UK Version(Readily Available under $100).

Last Year at this Time You could Buy as Many Copies as You wanted for about $50 Each.

That Means that the Value has increased Tenfold in 12 Months? What a Return on an Investment!!

Would anyone else like to comment on Current Vintage Vinyl Prices?Are We Near the "Peak" Yet?

Or do You Think Prices Will Continue to Climb? I Myself Think Prices will continue upward.

As the Old Saying Goes: "Vinyl is Final" (Old Saying for Vinyl Siding Applicators i.e. "Wall Rats")

but it certainly applies here!! Thank You for Your Input!!

2. Chemguy

Chemguy Forum Resident

500 and up?

I don’t think so. I think the eBay asking price is not what they’re going for.

If someone is paying that, they’re clinically insane, since less than a quarter of that will by a new 45 rpm 6 record Mofi...probably the best ever sound for this recording.

3. mr.datsun

mr.datsun Incompletist

You often get people trying to sell albums for daft prices. It does not necessarily mean they actually sell. And if an album does sell it might be a one-off due to a single mad buyer who has a daft amount of expendable income. You can't extrapolate a single instance of a price or a sale to the whole market.

Ps. The formatting in your post is weird and very hard to read - to say the least.

AaronW and Peter Marchesi like this.
  4. Eleventh Earl of Mar

Eleventh Earl of Mar Somehow got them all this far.

Probably good to look on sites like here or any other music forum - generally you'll actually find someone who wants to keep that record or knows how to properly grade and sell it rather than a random guy on eBay or really any big site.

Peter Marchesi likes this.
  5. Briskit

Briskit “I don’t know karate, but I know ka-razy!”

You can still get sealed copies of the AAA mono Blonde on Blonde reissue from 2010. $26 from numerous sellers on discogs. Some sellers just want to try it on... A guy here in Oz is working real hard to crank up the price of Australian pressings of "Hunky Dory". Wants $800 for Vg+. I'm in the market for one. I wanna slap him around...

6. Peter Marchesi

A True "Collector" versus an "Audiophile" will not consider a New 45 rpm MOFI When Looking for an "Original" Copy and vice versa(Apples and Oranges).The Sound

Quality does not matter to a "Collector" of Original Recordings.Just to clear that up.Thank You

7. Peter Marchesi

I Double Spaced My Post to make it easier to Read.Your's is Harder to read.Was that Comment even necessary?I cannot stand People Like You.If You dont have anything

Nice to say,then please say nothing at all.I will now "block" You once I find out how.Peace

8. Peter Marchesi

I Will keep an eye out for You.

9. Peter Marchesi

Yes,that is Understood.I was talking about Multiple Sales of $400 and up.

10. Echoes Myron

Echoes Myron Forum Resident

I guess I should sell my OG 2 eye mono copy!!

11. Peter Marchesi

I Sold One of Mine last year for $50,kicking myself now!

12. Chemguy

Chemguy Forum Resident

Your formatting and language skills make you a difficult read.

Your attitude makes you an undesirable one.

TMegginson and AaronW like this.
  13. Peter Marchesi

Thank You for Your kind words.Bye Now!

14. Chemguy

Chemguy Forum Resident

Oh I’m not going anywhere, New Member...but you will if you provoke and act in an untoward manner.

TMegginson, formu_la and riverrat like this.
  15. mr.datsun

mr.datsun Incompletist

No NeeD to

be sO blOodY Rude.

I AnswRed

You QuesTion.

Why DoNt.

You reAd

A Typ-0

graFik

ForMaTTing

bOOk?

PEacE anD

GrAvY, bRo.

Briskit, formu_la and riverrat like this.
  16. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

Where did you see those results? eBay and Popsike don't show anything like those prices. Discogs shows one that sold at that price.

17. Peter Marchesi

Discogs was one,Two on Ebay ($400 & 500 plus).Maybe they have not closed yet?

18. Peter Marchesi

There were also 2 "Promos"(White Label) Sold in February and August for $1,600 and $589.If I have time I will find any others,Thank You

19. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

20. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

Ah I didn't check current listings before I posted. I did check today and didn't see any current auctions though, only BIN listings.

Promos are a different beast. Those I can see going for $400+ depending on condition, with NM copies going for much more than that.

21. Peter Marchesi

There is not a Big Selection to choose from right now,I Was not Happy with the Condition(s) of what is on there(EPAY) right now.

22. samthesham

samthesham Forum Resident

Anyone spending that kind of bread on BOB regardless pressing or condition is insane...or a neophyte that doesn't know better....

Either way the prices of vintage top band LPs is obscene

23. rjp

rjp Senior Member

in 2 years it will back to $10.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.