DCC Archive Recent Purchases

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by lukpac, Oct 4, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lukpac

lukpac Senior Member Thread Starter

Yeah, so I just got some more stuff from HMV in Canada. Comments below:

Mamas & The Papas - My buddy David played this for me when I went to visit him, and I was blown away then - I think I'm even more blown away listening to it on my own system. I'd hesitate to say it has the "breath of life" in the vocals (probably due to the way it was recorded), but damn, it's full, warm, smooth - you get the picture. Really great to listen to. The music is pretty damn good too... :D

Buddy Holly - Despite this being the "bad" version, this is indeed a pleasure to listen to. I didn't notice that much difference from the 1993 2 CD set initially, but an A/B comparison reveals that set has a much more hollow sound. It doesn't sound *bad*, but Steve's disc does sound a lot smoother and nicer. Again, GREAT music to go with the sound.

I also picked up the Billy Haley disc (which happens to be a US pressing), but I have yet to listen to but a little bit of it. This other stuff is just too good :D

And, for the record, I really hate the little :D icon, but there's really not a better choice, so...

2. ruyeno

ruyeno New Member

What is the catalog number of the correct (i.e., touch of Hoffman) Mamas and Papas cd to purchase? Thanks!

3. Unknown

Unknown Guest

I believe Steve is credited in the liners.

Mama Cass, first hippie casualty of Nixon's ham sandwich conspiracy. RIP.

4. lukpac

lukpac Senior Member Thread Starter

No need for a cat number - it's "16 of Their Greatest Hits" AKA "16 Greatest Hits" AKA "Their 16 Greatest Hits"...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.