Recent YouTube distractions...?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Dillydipper, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Otlset

Otlset I think I am I think

Watching new US Track and Field star Abby Steiner tear up the track..

2. Michel_LeGrisbi

Michel_LeGrisbi Far-Gone Accumulator ™

3. Solitaire1

Solitaire1 Carpenters Fan

New YouTube distraction are videos about the green bubble/blue bubble controversy when it comes to text messaging:

4. cathandler

cathandler Senior Member

Watching vintage Motorweek Retro Marathons like the one this Thanksgiving weekend

5. LilacTeardrop

LilacTeardrop "Roll It Over My Soul...and Leave Me Here"

Kids Interview Bands - Queens Of The Stone Age

:laugh::thumbsup:

6. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

British Pathé - 1972 Apollo 17 footage

Last edited: Dec 7, 2022
  7. jbmcb

jbmcb Forum Resident

Obsession - The 24 Hours of Lemons, the greatest racing series in the world.

Rules:
    - Car can't cost more than $500 in total (you can sell parts to get the cost down, but you must have invoices for everything)
    - Must have standard racing safety equipment (roll cage, fire extinguisher, engine cutoff, safety gear does not count toward the $500 total)
    - You must drive safely

That's... pretty much it. You are encouraged to bribe the judges. There are three different classes depending on how well they think you might do, along with the overall "quality" of your car.
    If you don't drive safely, there are creative time-sucking penalties, like having to complete a Bob Ross painting on the side of your car, or solving a puzzle on the hood of your car, or catching a fish in the pond adjacent to the race track.

The grand prize isn't who won, but who did the most with the least. Your stock BMW isn't going to win the grand prize. The Volkswagen diesel engine-swapped Corvair will.

The goal is to have fun. Team names include "Ran When Parked Racing," "Team WD-39" and "Team Ferrrari" that races a Pontiac Fiero with a body kit to look like a Ferrari F-40. One of the most successful teams races a BWM with a functioning beer tap sticking out of the trunk. Vermin Supreme shows up offering free horsepower to all Americans. The independent nation of "Slowjamistan" sponsors a car. Car & Driver sponsors a car. Technical high schools sponsor cars (and do very well.) Professional NASCAR drivers race regularly.

It's all insanely fun.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2022
    Scopitone and Damien DiAngelo like this.
  8. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite Thread Starter

Ohhh, the stuff I'm learning about that I'm too stupid to understand, that eventually I'll get smart enough to do for myself...

9. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

I don't know why, but recently I have been watching a lot of YouTube videos on the Porsche 912. That's right, not the fabled 911, but the 912. As much as I like to own one, it's likely to be beyond my financial means. Somehow the simplicity of the 912 attracted me to watch endless videos after videos on this car.

10. Vaughan

Vaughan Forum Resident

I started watching some videos of a guy in Asia who finds things in the garbage, next to rivers, and then restores them. Then Youtube threw up a "FAKE" video in my recommendations, and I came to learn how these videos are made, and how they're faked. I then felt stupid for not suspecting the simple subterfuge.

11. Drew

Drew Senior Member

Watching someone take a blowtorch to Taylor Swift's CD of Christmas music. Guess he didn't get tickets to the tour.

12. Damien DiAngelo

Damien DiAngelo Forum Resident

If you car guys haven't discovered Tyrrell's Classic Workshop, you are missing a treat.

13. Jeff Kent

Jeff Kent Forum Resident

Answers with Joe

Joe covers Science/Space, Strange History, Unsolved Mysteries and Humor...all equally well. He has a second channel with a less formal Vlog format called Joe Scott - TMI, where he has a post about The Beatles. I like his delivery and his curiosity about...well...everything. I fell like I have a similar way about going down rabbit holes when I find an interesting topic.

Kassonica likes this.
  14. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

People who can't stand James Hetfield

15. keys74

keys74 Forum Resident

Legendary bass player, Leland Sklar, has a very interesting YouTube thing going.

16. the real pope ondine

the real pope ondine Forum Resident

she's got a hell of a kick

Otlset likes this.
  17. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

wrapping up some work meetings/projects this came up at lunch break...outstanding from Steve!

Steve Winwood
    (Live Performance 2022)​

"The Low Spark Of The High Heeled Boys"

Karnak likes this.
  18. Michel_LeGrisbi

Michel_LeGrisbi Far-Gone Accumulator ™

King Crimson on The Midnight Special

19. DLD

DLD Senior Member

Breaking Bad's "Mini Sodes. Stuff we've never seen before, several were good, especially Hank and Marie's Good Cop/Bad Cop (always figured that childless couple had a kinky side) and Marie's (hilarious) diary scene

20. WalterBoyd

WalterBoyd Forum Resident

I'm fascinated with the blues guitar performances and free lessons presented by "daddystovepipe", a European artist who nail a myriad of American blues styles and offers clear, concise instruction on how to play his interpretations of them.
    https://www.youtube.com/@daddystovepipe

21. jupiter8

jupiter8 Forum Resident

Any 70s-80s "Top of the Pops" and lately I've been digging "Solid Gold" episodes for their occasional weirdness

Karnak likes this.
  22. AndyTaylor

AndyTaylor Forum Resident

Prince’s Trust 21st anniversary variety show.

23. townsend

townsend Senior Member

24. PhilBorder

PhilBorder Senior Member

Koolaire Modular Ice Maker Descaling. Watch it before it goes viral

25. BILLONEEG

BILLONEEG Senior Member

Rob Zarzecki likes this.