Recommend a (free) WAV editor?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Andrew, Aug 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andrew

Andrew Chairman of the Bored Thread Starter

I'm seeking a basic wav. editor for converted mp3s. It doesn't need any bells and whistles, just stuff like fade and maybe reverb (fade being most important!). Anybody know some freeware I could DL off the web? Thanks!:)

2. lukpac

lukpac Senior Member

If you computer supports it, it doesn't get much better than ProTools.

http://www.digidesign.com/

Go to the bottom and click on "Get Pro Tools FREE"

3. SonicZone

SonicZone Senior Member

You might look at the .WAV editor included with EAC. It's very basic in nature, but should suit your needs nicely (does fades + reverb/delay). Runs on all Windows O/S platforms.

Of course, if you decide you don't care for the editor, you'll still have the best CD ripper on the planet! Excellent built-in CD write capability, too.

Web site: www.exactaudiocopy.de

4. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

Luke is right in that Pro Tools For Free is an excellent choice if you wanna get your feet wet. But it's probably much more than you want or need.

BUT, it's fine if you use a Mac. It gets VERY finnicky on a PC. If you have a PC, watch out! If your PC isn't up to the requiermants, God help you!

5. Grant

6. Claus

Claus Senior Member

ProTools is great... funny toy!

7. Andrew

Andrew Chairman of the Bored Thread Starter

You were right, Pro Tools didn't install on my 2000 Pro laptop. :( Oh well, guess I'll stick with EAC (had forgotten about their built-in editor) and/or Goldwave.

8. Grant

PT for Free ONLY works on Win98/ME! Strange! Obviously, they don't care about PC users.

9. lukpac

lukpac Senior Member

No, they just haven't done an update in awhile. I don't believe there is a MacOS X version (yet?) either...

10. Grant

Yes LUke, but no support for Win 2000? It has been around for almost as long as Win98!

11. lukpac

lukpac Senior Member

Keep in mind 98 is based on the old 95 code, while 2000 is based on NT code. Hence the reason why PTF won't work on 2000...

12. Grant

Yeah, I'm aware of Windows because i'm in school for computer science (yes I am!). But My view is that if they really cared enough about PC users they would have made their software compatible with NT/XP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.