Recommend me a power cable for TV

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Swann36, Nov 21, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swann36

Swann36 A widower finding solace in music Thread Starter

Hello all, i have just got a Phillips smart 4K Led Tv ... it has come with a figure 8 power cable which is too short for where the tv is mounted so i'm needing to buy something around 3m (10ft) in length so i'm asking you good folks for suggestions ... and do they make any difference to the picture quality tv ? or will any cheap power cable do ?

2. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

Any one will do. How on earth can they impact picture quality?

3. Swann36

I don't know if they do that's mainly why i asked the question .....

i do know power cables make a difference for phono stages and Amps as they reject RFI and allow 'cleaner' power to be drawn in .. hence wondering about the tv

4. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

Don't think so. The 110V AC supply is converted internally to lower DC values and everything on the screen is handled digitally. So either power is there or it isn't. Does not affect PQ

Swann36 and Assassin Yassassin like this.
  5. Assassin Yassassin

Assassin Yassassin Forum Resident

Don't allow yourself to be influenced by nonsense audiophile talk about cables, mains or otherwise would be my advice. I know an extremely experienced electrical engineer and we belly laugh about these claims.

Yes, any compatible (suitably configured) cable will do. I'd be wary of anything chinese from amazon and ebay. There's some nasty cheap stuff around. Look for the appropriate approvals like BS 1363.

adm62 likes this.
  6. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

No, no difference in picture quality. HDMI cables make no visual difference either... but I do recommend using high-speed HDMI 2.1 cables whenever possible.

You know, the Amazon Basics cables are not terrible. I'm a bigger fan of Monoprice and Blue Jeans cables.

7. Swann36

Thanks for the thoughts the HDMI 2.1 is an idea i'll look into further now

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.