Recommendations for Professional Vinyl Transfers

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by House of Soul, Nov 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. House of Soul

House of Soul New Member Thread Starter

Hi everyone, I would like to hear your opinions on using a Concept receiver strictly for it's phono preamp. I am currently running the audio outs from my computer's sound card(M-Audio Audiophile usb) to my Concept 16.5, which is powering my Paradigm reference monitors. I also currently have a Concept 5.5 that I would like to use as my turntable's(Dual cs-606) preamp streaming into my soundcard. Would I be better off using the rec out into my soundcard, or would I want to pull out the pins from the pre-in & out stage which disables the poweramp? I have a project in which I am going to remaster 45's from the 50's & 60's and would like to get the best possible transfer. I actually want to press 1,000 cd's of these rare soul records and release it legit. So I am looking for an absolute profesional sounding result. Though I feel that the restoration techniques I use with the various audio restoration software that I have is very professional, I feel that transferring through a great pre-amp is probably the most important thing.

Please inform me, and dont be afraid to be brutally honest if my equipment is not up to par, I would just like to know what I need!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.