Record/CD stores in Portland, Oregon*

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by Dan C, Oct 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

Thanks....it's new I'm after anyway.

A quick search shows they have 2 locations.
    Which one is closest your place?
    Would like to visit Crossroads too.

2. Lord Hawthorne

Lord Hawthorne Currently Untitled

Their NW store is fairly close to downtown, traffic there is nearly impossible, parking even worse, I recommend using the bus. That location is closing in a month or two, rent has become unaffordable there, I don't know if there will be any clearance sales. The eastside store is not far from my store, if you're driving it's less than 5 minutes on the city streets between, if you're on the bus it takes about three transfers to get there, or it's about a 20 minute walk between us.

3. mikeja75

mikeja75 Forum Resident

I'm heading out to the great northwest next week -- anyone willing to suggest some places for used vinyl and CDs in Portland?

I'm pumped to finally get to browse through Powell's bookstore...

Mike

4. Catywampus

Catywampus Forum Resident

Bump for updates since this thread is from 2007.

Has the Portland record store landscape changed at all? I'm going to be there on Sunday for a little vinyl shoppin'!

5. johnborzatti

johnborzatti Senior Member

Everyday Records was a hit for me in 2006!!! A few blocks from the public rail line...
    My hotel was down near the river. I walked a few blocks over to the nearest stop, it's a free ride within city limits, got off within 2 blocks of the store. I could have spent a whole day just there....

6. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

Everyday Music on Burnside (the location you're referring to) still remains strong, and I recommend it.

However, not all Everyday Music locations are equal. The location on Cedar Hills in Beaverton (out in the suburbs) recently downsized in half, and now only has a medium-sized vinyl selection. Not worth the trip, in my opinion, if you're only into vinyl. (Their used CD selection is still fairly strong, though again the Burnside location blows it away in that department as well.)

Craig.

7. Catywampus

Catywampus Forum Resident

Thanks guys. Everyday on Burnside is on my list!

8. Mr. LP Collector

Mr. LP Collector Forum Resident

Am planning a trip in the early Spring next year to the Portland area. How are the stores there for not only Portland but the other cities in NW Oregon (Bend, Salem, Eugene, etc.) Also regarding record shows, anyone here attend the convention that Eugene has? And Portland? It's been a couple decades since I've been up there so I'd be interested to see who has just opened up shop there.

9. LordThanos1969

LordThanos1969 Forum Resident

I'm surprised there haven't been any responses to this inquiry. While I have never gone music shopping in Portland, I have heard there are some great stores there. Maybe some of the locals would be kind enough to chime in?

10. Mr. LP Collector

I appreciate the reply. I did a search on this subject and didn't see a past thread. Was hoping some locals would weigh in not only on the stores but also the record shows.

11. Mr. LP Collector

I noticed this thread started in 2002 with the last post in 2010. . Heh, guess I didn't search long enough. Thanks to the moderator who combined the thread!! Appreciate it!

12. nancybrooke

nancybrooke Not quite Senior Member

We stopped at House of Records in Eugene on a drive down to San Francisco a couple weeks ago - I love this store! Their used vinyl is meticulously alphabetized and they cram a ton of stuff into a little space. Definitely worth a look.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.