Record/CD stores in Sacramento

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by galactustrilogy, Jun 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. galactustrilogy

galactustrilogy New Member Thread Starter

Anyone got a line on cool vinyl or CD stores in Sacramento? I'll be downtown, mostly.
    Thanks in advance!

2. mfidelity

mfidelity Senior Member

The Beat and Dimples. Make sure you inspect the used CD's at Dimples before you pay for them - they'll put out trashed cd's.

3. vinyldoneright

vinyldoneright pbthal

K Street records (Closed on Sundays) is off K st and 7th I think near the Hard Rock in downtown

The Beat is on J st and 17th close to Hamburger Mary's also downtown

Esoteric Records is on Watt and El Camino semi close to downtown

4. MrMudPuppy

MrMudPuppy Forum Resident

First, I'm sorry to hear that you have to come to Sacramento :0) Second, this post contains specific store information, and I just want to caveat that this is not intended to be an endorsement nor advertisement for a company's product or services. I'm am simply trying to help a fellow music lover.

Probably the best CD store in Sacramento that caters to new and used music would be the Beat. Aside from CDs they also have a selection of used vinyl. Rumor has it, that they are actually owned by Tower records and that the store is used as a test market to predict what's hip and happening. They are also open later than most CD stores in Sacramento. Their information is as follows:

The Beat
    1700 J St
    Sacramento, CA
    (916) 446-4402

Another rather large store with a decent new and used selection would be:

Dimple Records
    2433 Arden Way
    Sacramento, CA
    (916) 925-2600

They cater more or less to rock/pop... If blues, country or classical music is your scene, this store is not for you.

The original Tower Records is also located in Sacramento. I'm sure that you are familiar with them. It's a cramped store, but almost worth a visit from a historical perspective.

Tower Records
    1618 Broadway
    Sacramento, CA
    (916) 448-8872

The best Tower in Sacramento is a little ways away from downtown Sacramento. They have the best overall selection in town - especially classical.

Tower Records
    2514 Watt Ave
    Sacramento, CA
    (916) 482-9191

I hope this helps! If you let me know the general area that you are staying in Sacramento, perhaps I can offer you a little more assistance! I can even make food recommendations! LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.