Record Collection Worth?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Stephanie Thompson, Jul 21, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stephanie Thompson

Stephanie Thompson New Member Thread Starter

Hello! I have The Franklin Mint Record Society: Greatest Jazz Recordings of All Time (LPs). Most are sealed and all are unplayed. I’m trying to figure out how much they are worth as a set. Any info would be appreciated!

2. George P

George P Notable Member

I would check the Discogs website. They should give you a good idea of what those records are worth.

Lownote30, human riff 999 and hutlock like this.
  3. human riff 999

human riff 999 Forum Resident

great advice....amazon, eBay.....etc......you can get tunes that are great deal....and you can get ripped off!!!
    I have been buying since inception....the best honest place I know!!!!! Local stores will buy...but not pay market value...they got risks too....look the up on Discogs....and price accordingly look at your product assess sales and most recent sale price it a tad lower you can move it quicker....JMO

4. pscreed

pscreed Upstanding Member

George P likes this.
  5. Lord Hawthorne

Lord Hawthorne Currently Untitled

Sorry to tell you, even though the records are good pressings, they have very little value today. Also, if any set says "Collector's Item", it's not.

ronbow and zombiemodernist like this.
  6. Ken Dryden

Ken Dryden Forum Resident

Anything from Franklin Mint will bring little more than garage sale prices, as all of their products have little appeal to collectors.

ronbow likes this.
  7. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Even though some of their issues (especially the classical recordings that are straight reissues of canon releases) are very solid--good pressings, good masterings--they are worth almost nothing.

The Franklin Mint rarely went into rock, but even when they did, and even when it included some collectible artists, it doesn't fetch much:

Various - Great Performances of the Rock Era, Volume I

8. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

Sealed is a good bet, price at the slightly higher end. $14.99 - $18.99

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.