Record Labels Update Info

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Andrew, Mar 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

That German RCA Living Stereo should have looked much better. The silver ink just did not scan well. The scan looks like a very old dirty label. The label is not dirty, and is beautiful.

Oh well.

2. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

Red and silver are two very hard colors to deal with!

3. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

My expectations were high for adding a new vintage RCA lable not yet up. Oh well.

4. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

And these two new ones just up are not as super bad.

But an MGM 60s promo that was not already up. Gee, there were several already in. But this plain looking one is new. No lion tiger on this Cowsills "Capt. Sad" album.

And Earth News is funny. Another radio promo I have. I had to redraw the eye and nose area of that guy, as the spindle hole was intrusive. Came out ok.

5. Grant

Jeff, i'm still waiting for you to render a bule and white faded Chess label that you said is stil not up.

6. Grant

Just up: U.S. Parrot Promo 45.

7. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

Let me look again at what is up. I thougt that I descoved it was in fact already there. I think I hinted at as much.

I do have that label, but it might be up there. Lemme go look.

8. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

also just up: Beatles - Please Please Me b/w Ask Me Why on a Sweden PS. I grabbed this off of an ebay listing, as the quality looked good and you know how I am about rare stuff.

Seller claimed that this was the world's first Beatles 45 Picture Sleeve, at least with Ringo in the band. I don't know if I believe that at all, but the sleeve is very very early and rare I would expect.

9. Atlantic 45 - maroon/silver

Just added: Atlantic 45 - maroon and silver colour from the Drifters - "Oh My Love". Not sure of the year. I'm guessing early 1960s.

10. Grant

Excellent, Miike! I never saw that one before!

11. Grant

We have the blue-white faded Checkers and Cadet, but not Chess. We have five other chess labels, though.

12. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

Ok just checked at what is up. That powder blue Chess label I am speaking of is in fact not up. And I think I (accidentally) sold off my Little Milton early 70s LP on Chess that has it. But that label is around in the used bins where I loiter weekly. So I will get it and so nuff post it.

It is the same as this Checker style, but with Chess instead.

http://recordlabels.smugmug.com/gallery/38888/8/16712309

Little Milton did hit it big in the mid 60s with the song "We're Gonna Make it"

he sang:

And if a job is hard to find
    and we have to stand in that welfare line
    I got your love, and you know you've got mine
    and "we're gonna make it"

just one of those awesome records that jumps out of the speakers at you it is recorded so well. And Steve was involved in a late 80s mastering to LP over at MCA that captured all the glory of this R n' B pop hit on a blues label.

I will get that gawd dammed label again damn it!

13. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

indeed, just posted here while you were on inventory at the gallery.

14. Grant

Yeah: It looks just like the Cadet.

I grabbed it from another thread, but it's not big enough to render a proper cleanup.

Attached Files:

15. Grant

Yeah! I have it on a couple of CDs.

16. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

yes indeed. I will be able to do this one from a good minty LP. There are enough albums around with Muddy, or Wolf, that I would pay $6.00 for, that feature this label.

You know while this is a 70s era label, the good tapes were used to cut, and you are almost getting the sound of an original for 1/15th the cost.

Now I recall, I have it on a Check Berry album. Coming attractions..................

17. Grant

Funny thing that the other Chess and Cadet labels from the 70s looks more like this:

Attached Files:

18. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

yes, they know that they had to have something that would stand out in the sea of CCR Fantasy, T. James on Roullette and Beatles Apple 45s, so they put out a flashy one for the "have a nice day crowd".

19. Grant

:confused:

20. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

I think htis label you just posted is 72 on, the one I am about to do it 69-71, somehitng like that.

21. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

When I was 8, 9, 10, and 11, the 45 racks were more colorful than anything seen before.

Labels were doing these bright cool designs.

The dull Chess style was on the way out. Dinosaur!!!

Fantasy even came up with a new look for the kids. It was the orange with green like a CCR 45.

22. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

and Roulette added a blue ring to add a bit of new color needed for the late 60s. It was flower power and the kids were not settling for their parents Black Mercury labels baby!!!!

23. Grant

Just up: Yet another Atlantic label. This time it's a mono version.

24. Grant

JUst up: a remastered Chess and a Decca Gold

25. Thank you Grant. Found the 45, IIRC, at a garage sale this past summer. Don't recall seeing that version of an Atlantic label before, either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.