Record Shopping in London?

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by Aman, Jun 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aman

Aman Forum Resident Thread Starter

I will be going away with my family to London in a few weeks, and I have been told that there is a lot of vinyl, more prevalent too, in the UK. Is this true? I can't imagine that the vinyl shopping could be any worse than where I live currently (NYC), so I just wanted to see if any of you guys had suggested/preferred shops? Anything I should know about when look for vinyl? I am mainly looking for jazz, classical, and post-rock.

Thanks in advance!

2. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

I was there a few years ago and found it pricy....

I'm sure others can recommend some good shops! :)

3. Bill

Bill Senior Member

4. mfidelity

mfidelity Senior Member

I was in London last year and found record shopping there to be way overpriced - just like everything in London. The exchange rate makes it worse. The best luck I had was on a Saturday at the Portabelo Road market. I found some good deals from some of the vinyl street vendors. I never made it to Beano's which seems to be the favorite on this fourm.

5. Jamie Tate

Jamie Tate New Member

http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showpost.php?p=985709&postcount=7

I agree with this. I've never found another consistent spot either. It's very hit and miss. I find more interesting stuff locally than I've ever gotten in London.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.