Record shopping in Tokyo and Osaka

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Old Zorki II, Dec 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old Zorki II

Old Zorki II Storm Watcher Thread Starter

There were some old threads, but time passes and probably market have changed.
    I wonder if anyone have knowledge about stores, which sells Japanese pressings of 60s and 70s rock (classic, prog, kraut and even southern) and may be even some 80s stuff )).
    Already have some money allocated ))

2. Old Zorki II

oops, looks like did not look in discussions in another forum... my bad. Moderators can remove this thread as duplicate.

3. Chee

Chee Forum Resident

You don't wanna know what Shibuya-Ku sold in 1990 for $10 or under.

4. Old Zorki II

)) Probably something nice... But I already moved to another forum with my question ))

5. Chee

Chee Forum Resident

I came back from Tokyo with so many Beatles, Floyd, Kiss etc. $10 or under I could barely lift the luggage.I'd bring over bad soul albums to trade I'd get for $1 and get $7 in trade. Everybody's a Yahho/eBay/Didcogs dealers there now. Most of the early 90's stores are gone.

6. Old Zorki II

I am fine with paying discogs prices as long as I can see actual record, as grading as you know subjective and sending back to Japan record you do not like often makes no sense, as it is very pricey.

7. Chee

Chee Forum Resident

The amount of graded poorly Japan sold albums continues to climb.....it was rarely a factor years back. Too many rookie sellers over there now. They fight to get the common product now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.