Record Store Day 2020 - "RSD Drops" Aug 29/Sep 26/Oct 24

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by joe1320, Jan 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joe1320

joe1320 Forum Resident Thread Starter

I think Bowie is the first official release information I seem about this year's RSD, anyone else hear anything coming up

DAVID BOWIE

CHANGESNOWBOWIE LIMITED EDITION NINE TRACK LP/CD OF PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED MATERIAL TO BE ISSUED FOR RECORD STORE DAY 18th APRIL, 2020

8th January 2020 London

Parlophone Records is proud to announce DAVID BOWIE IS IT ANY WONDER? a six track EP of unreleased and rare tracks to be released over six weeks.

The first of these is a previously unreleased version of ‘The Man Who Sold The World’, released today as a streaming-only 1 track digital single in celebration of both David’s birthday and the 50th anniversary of the writing and recording of this classic. Five more songs will be released on a weekly basis from 17th January.

’THE MAN WHO SOLD THE WORLD’ (CHANGESNOWBOWIE VERSION) is taken from the 9-track session ChangesNowBowie, recorded for radio and broadcast by the BBC on David’s 50th birthday on 8th January, 1997.

The broadcast featured an interview with David by Mary Anne Hobbs interspersed with specially recorded birthday messages and questions from the likes of Scott Walker, Damon Albarn, Bono, Robert Smith and many more.

This mostly acoustic session was a stripped back affair featuring some of David’s favourites of his own compositions and was produced by Bowie himself, Reeves Gabrels and Mark Plati.

CHANGESNOWBOWIE was recorded and mixed at Looking Glass Studios in New York in November 1996 during rehearsals for David’s 50th birthday concert at Madison Square Garden. Gail Ann Dorsey (bass, vocals), Reeves Gabrels (guitars) and Mark Plati (keyboards and programming) accompanied David on the recording.

CHANGESNOWBOWIE will be released in limited quantities on LP and CD for Record Store Day on 18th April, 2020. The cover art for the album will features a portrait of David by renowned photographer Albert Watson, taken in New York

2. BlueJay

BlueJay Forum Resident

Just came across this notice of a new Kirsty MacColl album being released on RSD in April 2020:

Other People's Hearts: B-Sides 1988-1989 [180-Gram ColouredHeavyweight Vinyl]

3. joe1320

Steven Wilson
    News soon on @recordstoreday releases of 2 classic album remixes, neither of which have been issued before, but also most importantly (at least to me!) the new album project I've been working on for the last 2 years...

4. Richard 1966

Richard 1966 Forum Resident

Sounds promising !!

5. jlf

jlf Forum Resident

Trustworthy source here details the upcoming John Lennon RSD 2020 Release:

6. hi_watt

hi_watt The Road Warrior

I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it! Bring on RSD baby! :bdance:

7. Zach Johnson

Zach Johnson Forum Resident

I hope they release the other five Earthling tracks on a 12" for RSD.

Markyp likes this.
  8. ElevateMeLater

ElevateMeLater Jesus of Cool

9. krisjay

krisjay Psychedelic Wave Rider

All I ask for is a vinyl issue of Buckethead's Enter The Chicken. 3 LP set. Most likely, never going to happen, but I continue to hold out hope.

10. jlf

jlf Forum Resident

Here’s what I’ve found so far.

• John Lennon, 2020 Ultimate Remix from original multitracks vinyl release (Source: JohnLennon Instagram: www.instagram.com/p/B8O4pCTJGA2/)
      • "INSTANT KARMA! / WHO HAS SEEN THE WIND?, 1970 LENNON/ONO with The Plastic Ono Band. 'Instant Karma's gonna get you...'⁣ ⁣. UK single release #onthisday 6 February 1970. Look out for a brand new limited edition 2020 Ultimate Remix (from original multitracks) vinyl release for #RecordStoreDay on 18 April 2020."
    • David Bowie, ChangesNowBowie 1996 acoustic radio session on LP & CD (source: davidbowie.com)
    • Steven Wilson, two reissues (source: SW's Twitter)
      • "News soon on @recordstoreday releases of 2 classic album remixes, neither of which have been issued before, but also most importantly (at least to me!) the new album project I've been working on for the last 2 years..."

tug_of_war and Sean like this.
  11. Jmac1979

Jmac1979 Forum Resident

The Bowie release has been confirmed to be ChangesNowBowie

12. Richard 1966

Hi
    I know this is a stupid question but is this a 7'' or LP release. Thanks

13. ElevateMeLater

ElevateMeLater Jesus of Cool

No idea! we'll know soon enough

14. Izozeles

Izozeles Pushing my limits

Seems like a 12”

15. Richard 1966

16. Richard 1966

17. Richard 1966

18. uzn007

uzn007 Watcher of the Skis

19. jmpatrick

jmpatrick Forum Resident

Sure has been quiet this year...

melstapler likes this.
  20. joe1320

Two months to go, hopefully we start getting some information soon

21. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Let me know if there's something by Pink Floyd for this year's RSD.

22. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

Consolidated two threads on this subject and edited the title.

Last year the full list was published on February 28, so hopefully we are only a couple of weeks away.

23. Eric Lunneborg

Eric Lunneborg Active Member

Following...

24. JRose

JRose Forum Resident

Also, following :D

25. JAG

JAG Forum Professor with Tenure

Jethro Tull, there will be a Stormwatch related vinyl release consisting of all the bonus tracks from the recent anniversary set for Record Store Day. It will be called Stormwatch 2.

Sean and lucan_g like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.