Record Store Day 2021 - 12 June and July 17 *

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jimod99, Dec 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BradB

BradB Birth.Music.Death?

I agree, please stay as any positive information is much needed, and as a former music store owner in a past life I still like to support RSD. Whatever the 'Simpsons comic book guys' here say & type, the majority of people here I believe just appreciate being able to still support any store where you can go and hold music in your hands, and get more of it while we can from businesses that gain some benefit from an event like this. It's kind of too bad that anyone who works within the music industry at this point aren't more willing to at least read sites like this, we pretty much tell the universe what we're all looking for and will spend money on, it would certainly make all their jobs easier.... :)

Rocketdog, Ingres3225, Sean and 2 others like this.
  2. astro70

astro70 Forum Resident

Fair enough. I think masks will still be pretty common for another year or so honestly, at least until new cases are pretty much 0 and are very well contained. We’ll have to see how it goes I guess. I’m hoping for the way RSD used to be. Packed store, live music, beers, coffee, donuts and all that. I miss it. Only having the records makes it just another desperate collector event.

Stormrider77, Sean and hfarrior3 like this.
  3. Muffinbutt

Muffinbutt Forum Resident

Masks are going to be worn for next couple of years in stores I would say, whether stores enforce that is another thing.

Sean, astro70 and Terry like this.
  4. David Hughes

David Hughes Forum Resident

Late March I’m told

Sean, hi_watt and Muffinbutt like this.
  5. David Hughes

I’m not disagreeing :) it’s just unrealistic this year. The three options from last year is what will happen (social distance queues/by appointment/online after 6pm on day)

next year...hopefully some semblance of normality but not this year

Sean, MonkeyTennis and astro70 like this.
  6. Muffinbutt

Agreed, I think it will be like last RSD.

Sean and David Hughes like this.
  7. davenav

davenav High Plains Grifter

Pfft.

Last year was one of the best RSD's yet. I got tons of stuff I love and play all the time.

But, thanks for the trollish condescension. :rolleyes:

8. idledreamer

idledreamer Still idle

Every day is record store day for me.

danasgoodstuff, warpig, Sean and 3 others like this.
  9. Muffinbutt

I see what you did there

longdist01, Sean and idledreamer like this.
  10. Trace

Trace Senior Member

And that, Charlie Brown, is what C̶h̶r̶i̶s̶t̶m̶a̶s̶ RSD is all about!

steveinphilly and mBen989 like this.
  11. Muffinbutt

Good grief...

12. jlf

jlf Forum Resident

Confirmed release:
    Thelonious Monk Palo Alto – Custodian’s Mix Record Store Day exclusive

13. David Hughes

**NOTE** RSD Rolling Stones as of right now is going to be UK/EU only NOT USA

kt66brooklyn and hi_watt like this.
  14. David Hughes

The Stones one is a 50th anniversary edition of Hot Rocks. Black and blue swirl vinyl with the metallic print cover used on the original edition.

and is U.K./EU only, not USA!

15. l-l-d

l-l-d Forum Resident

A RSD release of the promo only "Back to the egg" Wings picture disc would be a perfect tie-in to the next McCartney archive release....... :shh:

Boognish likes this.
  16. David Hughes

Not on the cards by sound of it. RAM half speed around RSD but not actually RSD

Boognish likes this.
  17. J_D__

J_D__ Senior Member

Really, to my knowledge all Rolling Stones RSD releases and been available on both sides of the pond.

18. David Hughes

My friend is high up at Universal USA so is in a better position than you or I re: what’s going on & he was suitably surprised that AS IT STANDS (which is what I said) Hot Rocks 50th is U.K./EU ONLY. That may change but that’s the state of play right now. From the horses mouth

Sean and J_D__ like this.
  19. Kevin j

Kevin j The 5th 99

...miniature american flags for others!!

KUJayhawk and hi_watt like this.
  20. David Hughes

You are an ignorant person’s idea of what an intelligent person would be and I’m out. I haven’t been on here since I gave out details on RSD 3 years ago only to be trolled by YOU...and there you are again doing the same thing 3 years later...how sad are you?! REALLY?

slow hand clap for spoiling it for everyone else but I haven’t got the patience or inclination to put up With your crap AGAIN

sorry everyone but you know exactly who to blame for me disappearing again...Mr “Top 5 Reviewer” who’s got an opinion on everything but feels threatened when someone knows more than him!

21. davenav

Why don’t you go troll some other thread??

22. Tattooed Headshrinker

Tattooed Headshrinker Accidentally Like A Martyr

I would love to see the sales numbers for the entire 2020 RSD vs previous RSDs. Whereas I'm sure all previous RSDs had greater single day sells, I know I definitely spent at least twice as much as I normally would when RSD was spread over three separate "Drops" last year. Basically, I was able to get everything I wanted to last year, compared to previous years where I might have to skip over some releases due to my monthly budget.

waaguirr likes this.
  23. Sean

Sean Senior Member

I get it with all the foolish bullying and gatekeeping here on SHF. I've been on the receiving end of it all myself.
    With that said, I hope you come back soon.

johnnybrum and davenav like this.
  24. captouch

captouch Forum Resident

Just put him on ignore. He'll never bother you again.

25. davenav

Yes, just put a certain poster on your ignore list and proceed with the insights, please.

jboersma and johnnybrum like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.