Record Store Day 2021 - 12 June and July 17 *

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jimod99, Dec 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slop101

slop101 Guitar Geek

Just 4 months away... which means in order to make the 6/12 date, they should be starting to press all the vinyl soon, if they haven't already.

hi_watt and Sean like this.
  2. Sean

Sean Senior Member

Yea, I've had to put quite a few people on 'ignore' over the years. But thank you.

boboquisp and Dreaddazzman like this.
  3. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Ummm, what about the multi-colored Let It Bleed from last Nov’s Black Friday RSD that’s now going for $300+?

kt66brooklyn and J_D__ like this.
  4. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Rather than leaving, can you just put him on ignore?

johnnybrum likes this.
  5. Just put him on ignore and be done with it.

eddiel, Dreaddazzman and johnnybrum like this.
  6. SoporJoe

SoporJoe Forum Resident

I love Record Store Day. I just wish they had more than two of them a year.

J_D__ likes this.
  7. SoporJoe

SoporJoe Forum Resident

Good point. Only 4 months away!

8. SoporJoe

SoporJoe Forum Resident

Does anyone know if there will be any new Doors vinyls coming out?

9. Muffinbutt

Muffinbutt Forum Resident

Feel like the doors or Rolling Stones always have something for RSD or Black Friday

10. SoporJoe

SoporJoe Forum Resident

Awesome!!! thanks!!!!!

11. lildroogie

lildroogie Well-Known Member

“a crime against the vinyl community”

From the description i had imagined that this was not just swirly colors but actually multiple layers of vinyl somehow resembling the cake/tape/tire/record on the cover... so somehow ‘justifying’ the steep price. i saw this video before RSD but after i’d made a request for it. i was so relieved my request wasn’t fulfilled.

12. J_D__

J_D__ Senior Member

Any word on Tom Petty releasing “Kiss My Amps III”?

13. jlf

jlf Forum Resident

We can probably bank on a Doors LA Woman tie-in, probably a couple Bowie releases, likely Miles David and Elvis Presley.

14. Daryl M

Daryl M Senior Member

I miss Record Shows more....the next one here is at the end of March and that's not
    going to happen. That will be three in a row scrapped.....(sigh).

15. Muffinbutt

Muffinbutt Forum Resident

My area has has them but sounds like they haven’t been as good, well...the older collectors don’t want to get virus and I totally understand that. Not as many people want to go in a crowded room. I think outside will help in spring and summer

16. SoporJoe

SoporJoe Forum Resident

I wish there was a Record Store Day every week. I’d definitely buy limited edition vinyls every week if they were available.

DHamilton likes this.
  17. Briskit

Briskit “I don’t know karate, but I know ka-razy!”

Yep, I'm with you.
    Pretty much kicked the crap out the virus here now,
    But it won't be "normal" for me until I can be in a hall full of weirdos again, flippin through crates.

18. jlf

jlf Forum Resident

Confirmed:
    Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell 2LP Deluxe edition
    and Black Sabbath - Mob Rules 2LP Deluxe edition

Sean and Briskit like this.
  19. CWillman

CWillman Senior Member

I hate to be the bearer, etc., but Tom Petty will not be releasing anything ever again.

20. BOZMAN

BOZMAN Forum Resident

What makes you say that?

21. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

In Ontario, probably looking at 2022 at this point. I miss them too. I sell at one of the local ones.

nosliw likes this.
  22. healter skealter

healter skealter Human animal

That would be very disappointing for my daughter. The version Ariana gave away as a free download awhile ago sounded fine...or as fine as something like this gets!

Personally, I'm hoping for a reissue of Metal Machine Music, ideally in Metal Machine grey vinyl. The previous reissue was apparently plagued with surface noise, and the one before that had a hideous pic on the sleeve. I've been on a Lou lick the last week or so, and last night we arrived at MMM. Daughter thought the preceding Sally Can't Dance was rubbish, so I said, "if you think that was bad, just wait for the next one". 48 minutes or so later, we'd made it through the first 3 sides, before the neighbours complained. I kept telling daughter "give it a chance, it gets really interesting somewhere around side 3", which I then modified to side 4, blaming my addled memory. But even with another side still to go, she must be just about the only 13 year old in the world who's listened to more than 30 seconds of MMM. Rispekk.

23. Giorgio

Giorgio Forum Resident

MMM is made and mastered by surface noise:biglaugh:

I'm joking of course, fully respect for your musical tastes:thumbsup:

healter skealter likes this.
  24. jimac51

jimac51 A mythical beast.

June 12, In the US a time when most public schools,in pre-pandemic days,were over. Time to play in the outdoors. First big summer holiday passed. A week before Father's Day,when that mattered. But possibly a big factor for RSD in April was that folks receiving income tax refunds have a little money to blow on something stupid,as opposed to bills. In the past,a time for large ticket summer items like grilles and patio furniture and blowing a couple of hundred dollars on overpriced but desired vinyl seemed timely.
    2021 so far seems that the pandemic is very much a factor in public outings and variants have an unknown factor with the vaccine. Safer than 2020? Perhaps,but far too many variables for an old fart like me to wander into Stupidville like standing in line and entering a small retail place. I gave up on RSD years ago as a fraud controlled by the majors,but even going into my nearby record emporium for weekly browsing has been impossible for almost a year-first week in March 2020 was the last time I was there.

25. healter skealter

healter skealter Human animal

I'm not alone in thinking that MMM has been unfairly maligned over the years, and underappreciated for its innovative approach.

One aspect that seems to have escaped most critics' attention was Lou's groundbreaking invention & deployment of the aural phenomenon that has subsequently come to be known as non-fill :righton:

Giorgio likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.