Record Store Day 2021 - 12 June and July 17 *

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jimod99, Dec 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jlf

jlf Forum Resident

This is confirmed, however.

SONGS FOR YOU VOL. 1 and VOL. 2 are coming to record stores as part of Record Store Day 2021. Spotlighting Black artists from a wide array of genres, styles, and decades, and benefitting Black-owned record stores in the US.

“We're looking forward to sharing some Songs For You soon!

“Songs For You Vol. 1 and Vol. 2 features music from 6LACK, Black Thought, Cautious Clay, Common, DUCKWRTH, Lupe Fiasco, Roberta Flack, Nubya Garcia, Freddie Gibbs, HER Music, Amber Mark, Curtis Mayfield, Keb' Mo', Otis Redding, Run The Jewels, Real Pop Smoke, Esperanza Spalding, Tank and the Bangas, Summer Walker”

Isitquiex likes this.
  2. adam_777

adam_777 Forum Resident

Holy hell that would be phenomenal!

Daryl M, hi_watt, joelee and 2 others like this.
  3. jlf

jlf Forum Resident

Don’t want to get anyone’s hopes up yet. It might be something else, that’s just what the rumor mill is saying.

hi_watt likes this.
  4. J_D__

J_D__ Senior Member

I have no facts to back up my opinion but, highly doubt it. They wouldn’t release a high profile release this RSD when the Super Deluxe is coming later this year. I’d like to be wrong but, 99.9% sure this isn’t happening.

5. jimod99

jimod99 Daddy or chips? Thread Starter

zinan, JeffMo, Sean and 1 other person like this.
  6. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

Cool and the rules are the same as they were in 2020 - so I assume online sales will occur earlier than normal, etc.

JeffMo and Gavaxeman like this.
  7. IHeartRecordsAz

IHeartRecordsAz Forum Resident

Though I’m sure health guidelines drove this, I wonder if RSD pressings potentially getting delayed due to back-up at pressing plants also played a role in this, as well.

8. astro70

astro70 Forum Resident

I like the split RSD. Not only does it make more sense during covid, but it makes it easier to get everything you want. Don’t have to drop as much money in a single day, and you don’t have to look for so many titles, or be there as early to get them.

Chris Bernhardt, zinan, Sean and 8 others like this.
  9. JRose

JRose Forum Resident

I like the 2 drops but wish they would’ve spaced it out a little more. 2 months in between would give me more time to save up to spend more. I crushed it last year with 3 drops. I bought SO MUCH more than normal.

10. JRose

JRose Forum Resident

RSD always has an Alice Cooper release. I can’t imagine what else they could release that hasn’t been released already but I’m in whatever it might be.
    Maybe they will finally reissue Raise Your Fist, Constrictor or the Canada only Prince of Darkness?
    Of course they could reissue School’s Out and Muscle of Love with original packaging but I’m not holding my breath for those.

11. DK Pete

DK Pete Forum Resident

I couldn't agree more. I save the online purchases as a last resort. I have a handful of stores in my area which I can choose from on the weekends and for this, I am greatful. As you say, nothing beats rummaging through the albums to find what you may be looking for.

imail724 and Jerry James like this.
  12. Markyp

Markyp Forum Resident

Based on the last 2-3 years there’ll be a live album and a reissue.
    I’m hoping for W2MN as I missed out on that initially. There’s not many studio albums out of print are there. ACAS?

13. Mrtn77

Mrtn77 Forum Resident

Mid-july ?! I'm all for RSD at the beach but I'm not sure it's peak record buying season.

14. nodeerforamonth

nodeerforamonth Consistently misunderstood

Hopefully! The less people in line I have to deal with, the better chance I have to get what I want.

15. JRose

JRose Forum Resident

I think you’re right. I have both ACAS and W2MN on vinyl. They are great pressings. It would be awesome if they would rerelease W2MN but most AC fans don’t like it. It’s one of my favorites.

Markyp likes this.
  16. Fruff76

Fruff76 L100 Classic - Fan Club President

A really good record store recently opened in the north side.

17. Markyp

Markyp Forum Resident

I agree it’s a highlight of his later years IMO.

JRose likes this.
  18. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog...

Well, in that case only about 1/4 of your stuff should suck! :D

19. Blvd_Nights

Blvd_Nights Well-Known Member

I get why he wouldn't, but I really wish Trent Reznor would get in on the RSD action and release some of those 90s/early 2000s Nine Inch Nails remix albums as RSD releases. You know—stuff like Fixed, Further Down the Spiral, Closer to God, Things Falling Apart ... seems like that would be a perfect market for that.

With Dragontown getting reissued a few years ago for Black Friday RSD, I'm shocked they haven't done Brutal Planet yet. Honestly, that's not only one of Cooper's best later years albums ... but probably one his most solid in his entire discography.

20. footstomper

footstomper Forum Resident

I've only just had my first Covid jab and even if I'd had both still don't have the confidence to get on a crowded bus and tube just to get there - then the crowds and the whole journey back again. I really hope the 6pm online sale will happen like last years events.

Gavaxeman likes this.
  21. Boognish

Boognish On a never-ending quest for vinyl...

How about an official release of the 1970/71 Planet Earth Rock and Roll Orchestra sessions with Crosby, Kantner, Garcia and more? There's been different albums released from those sessions but much more was recorded. Maybe a kind of best of release from this short-lived supergroup?
    There was the Blows Against The Empire release last year, I could see them possibly doing an Alternate "If I Could Only Remember My Name" by David Crosby with outtakes from those sessions...

22. jlf

jlf Forum Resident

Crosby is preparing a 50th anniversary edition of If I Could Only Remember My Name so this could happen in the future. But if they were to do that for this year the would have had to start on it a while ago. Maybe we’ll see it next year or as a non-RSD release.

Boognish and backeast like this.
  23. joe1320

joe1320 Forum Resident

Any idea of when the official list is out, surprised that there is not more leaks of what's coming.

24. TommyTunes

TommyTunes Senior Member

How about a triple Miles Davis Alternate On The Corner set since Mosaic never put it out on vinyl. Now that would be special.
    I’ve given up hoping for anything by Tom Waits

25. Mrtn77

Mrtn77 Forum Resident

Tom Waits had three RSD releases in 2018.

kt66brooklyn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.