Record Store Day 2021 - 12 June and July 17 *

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jimod99, Dec 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IHeartRecordsAz

IHeartRecordsAz Forum Resident

Are their still any good sites/places out there that are dedicated to (or have reliable info on) rumored RSD releases? There used to be several that I’d check regularly that always had solid, highly reliable info, but they’ve all shut down on the proceeding 3-5 years.

Beamish13 and Shpoonman like this.
  2. Shpoonman

Shpoonman Forum Resident

I'm not aware of any up and running at the moment, that's kind of why I came here, hoping to get some intel.

Sean and IHeartRecordsAz like this.
  3. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident

Reddit is probably your best bet or here.

4. Richard 1966

Richard 1966 Forum Resident

vinylcollective ??

5. djej

djej Forum Resident

Dr. Funkenberry posted on Twitter that Prince’s The Truth album is getting a vinyl issue for the June drop.

As an aside, Crystal Ball will be the next Sony/Legacy release. No official announcement as of yet of a release date for CB, configurations, or formats.

barnabyjames1, Sean, hi_watt and 5 others like this.
  6. djej

djej Forum Resident

Note: My post about CB being the next release from Sony/Legacy was also courtesy of the Dr. Funkenberry Twitter account.

Sean and hi_watt like this.
  7. Lasereye

Lasereye Well-Known Member

Any new rumors? Also, any ideas for when the list will drop? The closest thing we have to a date is the word ‘soon’.

8. If it's anything like the Montreux show from the same year, it should be an excellent performance.

Spadeygrove likes this.
  9. Colocally

Colocally One Of The New Wave Boys

It worked well last year, in fact it was the best one.

10. IHeartRecordsAz

They just announced that Fred Armisen is this year’s RSD Ambassador for the US. So hopefully now that that’s announced we’ll get a release list published within the next 2-3 weeks.

11. jlf

jlf Forum Resident

Some highlights: War box set, Bill Evans set, Aretha live, GD Olympia 72, Randy Newman box, Tom Petty Alternates LP, John Prine live set, Steely Dan, and some other exciting stuff. List should be announced April 5.

12. lazydawg58

lazydawg58 Know enough to know how much I don't know

What I like best about RSD releases.
    1. Not going to RSD.
    2. Buying RSD releases that don't sell for discounted prices a few months later.
    3. Buying RSD releases a few years later that people bought in a frenzy on RSD, played a couple of times and realized it wasn't something they had to have after all, at deeply discounted prices.

I'm just sayin'.

13. IHeartRecordsAz

Did you manage to get a peek at a store’s list, or is there a leak out there somewhere?

14. Lasereye

Lasereye Well-Known Member

Did you see any Weezer, Cure, or Toad The Wet Sprocket?

JRose likes this.
  15. biodawg

biodawg Forum Resident

Any additional info on the Bill Evans?

Shpoonman likes this.
  16. tingly

tingly Forum Resident

The Alarm is releasing something. They haven't said more than that.

barnabyjames1 likes this.
  17. giantleech

giantleech Lord of all fevers and plagues

The highlight (for me.) I wonder how many slabs (and tabs?) this puppy will require?

steveharris and Skylab like this.
  18. Skylab

Skylab Arriving somewhere but not here

from what I saw elsewhere, 6 LP’s :eek:

19. giantleech

giantleech Lord of all fevers and plagues

It'd be a real kick if they released individual vinyl box sets of all 22 of the Europe 72 dates all at the same time on Record Store Day. That'd be a real hoot! (and a kick, as stated before.)

frogfog, RyeB, steveharris and 2 others like this.
  20. Briskit

Briskit “I don’t know karate, but I know ka-razy!”

I know nothing, but would gamble the Evans is a Resonance release as they are said to have more Evans in pipeline, and usually release on RSD.

Shpoonman likes this.
  21. marcb

marcb Senior Member

So you don’t go to RSD and you pick up the crap on the cheap later on? Congrats.

Sean, veon, Snoddywilko and 1 other person like this.
  22. MikePortly

MikePortly Well-Known Member

I already have the Dark Star record from RSD 2012. Funky that they’re double dipping into this when they should be pressing DAVE’S PICKS ON VINYL ALREADY.

Bigdz68 and Boognish like this.
  23. lazydawg58

lazydawg58 Know enough to know how much I don't know

If it's crap I pass it by. I don't like waiting in line for hours or dealing with a crowd. I don't shop for electronics or clothing on the day after Thanksgiving either! It's common knowledge that retailers often don't sell everything the get for RSD on RSD and after it sits on the shelves for a while they often mark it down, same thing happens when limited runs don't sell out right away. Plenty of people get caught up in the hype and buy records that after a while they realize they don't really want to keep. So don't hate me bro!!!!! :edthumbs:

24. J_D__

J_D__ Senior Member

I’ve ordered from BullMoose the following Monday and purchased everything I’ve ever wanted:)

lazydawg58 likes this.
  25. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Forum Resident

How about finishing the Fillmore shows they started with the other two shows?

frogfog, lucan_g and MikeM. like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.