Record Store Day RSD 2019

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by joe1320, Jan 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mooseman

mooseman Forum Resident

I have this new RSD mono collection, Paint it Black is 3,10 timing. The stereo on my original Aftermath album clocks in at 3.20

2. oddsbodkins

oddsbodkins Forum Resident

I know it. They have some doozies on eBay too but the in-store rsd stuff was mostly in line from what I saw/bought. Wait until it's on their actual site. Supposed to be tomorrow or Friday.

Of course, no idea why they're gouging on discogs... at first I didn't realize the albums you mentioned were rsd. They're notoriously overpriced on used records.

4. When will JB's Mighty Instrumentals be reissued for RSD? It's about time, and I see that Sho is Funky Down Here was released this year. I already have an American original of that one. I don't have the Mighty Instrumentals yet, and I love it!

JNTEX likes this.
  5. NettleBed

NettleBed Forum Transient

Well, you managed to not have it for your entire life minus five days...

6. zakyfarms

zakyfarms White cane lying in a gutter in the lane.

After a few days of online hunting, here’s my final haul. Don’t think I paid more than RSD recommended price for anything.

CSNY
    Floyd
    Sunn O)))
    Bevis Frond (2 titles)
    Hawkwind
    Bardo Pond
    Grateful Dead Warfield
    Spacemen 3
    Flaming Lips

JNTEX likes this.
  7. whisper3978

whisper3978 Forum Resident

Grrrrrrrr, man.

8. JNTEX

JNTEX Lava Police

I picked it up, have not opened it yet.

9. Damn! I love that first Yes album. I have an original USA pressing of it and it's in excellent shape. Has anyone compared the RSD version with the first USA pressing? I know there will be folks across the pond who will vaunt the original UK pressing. I would appreciate any specifics on this. I do like Yes quite a bit, but I don't know whether this black album with the word YES plastered all over it is better than the original USA version I have. I'm totally unwilling to plunk anything north of 30 quid for an original UK pressing. Any feedback is appreciated. I love the album cover of the USA version with the band standing before the camera. Cool photo. I agree with the folks who say that it's underrated. It truly is.

mooseman likes this.
  10. The Doors EP is worth checking out even if it's not a particularly strong performance. After all it's the band's first professional live performance. It's worth having for sure. I can't speak to Robert Plant because I'm not a fan. I'm not a fan of the Buckingham-led Fleetwood Mac, but I understand that the music therein is terrific for those who like that incarnation of the band.

The Trinity likes this.
  11. JNTEX

JNTEX Lava Police

I am seeing a lot of limited RSD titles on amazon, including warfield....and their not but a couple bucks off retail.

ODShowtime likes this.
  13. hobbes4444

hobbes4444 Forum Addict

Are those still at ships in 1 to 2 months? Or third party sellers?

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
  14. The Elephant Man

The Elephant Man Forum Resident

To reply to Barnyard Symphonies post...
    As far as Dylan's BOTT acetate...it's been in the hands of collectors for decades!
    :--)

Barnyard Symphony, mpayan and Jonpd like this.
  15. JNTEX

JNTEX Lava Police

prime

16. Markyp

Markyp Forum Resident

Here’s the remaining stock list for my local store.
    It’s UK and he can sell online/mail order from Saturday. I know last year I posted his details on here for someone desperate for one of last years titles and he sent to the US.
    I was elsewhere on Saturday but popped in Tuesday and picked up his last Fleetwood Mac and a Jeff Buckley. He has more John Lennon on order and will text me when/if it arrives so he is happy to add people to waiting list titles in case they appear.
    He had more stock arrive yesterday of Charlatans, Ramones and others.
    Worth having a look here, it was updated last night.
    RECORD STORE DAY 2019 Remaining Stock – Thurs 18 April - Off the Beaten Tracks

17. DaK

DaK Forum Resident

Too bad!

whisper3978 likes this.
  18. Graham

Graham Senior Member

I couldn't go this year as had a prior commitment. So I walked into my local shop yesterday afternoon, asked if they had anything from RSD left, looked at the list, couldn't believe they had a copy of Jeff Tweedy's Warmer in stock (£85+ on Discogs), paid £25 and walked home very pleased with myself.

whisper3978, mpayan and Phil Tate like this.
  19. ODShowtime

ODShowtime jaded faded

I'm tying up loose ends. Found Howard Stern, Grodek Whipperjenny and Zappa yesterday in the leftovers. Just ordered Yes off an Amazon seller for a reasonable price. My buddy says he has a Mastodon waiting for me that came in late. That should do it.

20. GetHappy!!

GetHappy!! Forum Resident

For all the (justifiable) negative reactions to RSD, once in a while you get a release that just nails it - for me, that was the Alice Clark LP. Flawless pressing, wonderful presentation with an informative booklet containing some personal reminiscing, and of course the music itself. “Lost gem” is probably overused, but it certainly applies in this case.

21. PatMcC

PatMcC Active Member

What were most people paying for Pink Floyd saucerful of secrets. Discogs & Ebay seem quite excessive.

22. Fractured

Fractured Forum Resident

I've just discovered (while searching for remainders on the vinyl) that the new mono "Born Under a Bad Sign" (Albert King) is up on HDTracks and ProstudioMasters as 96/24 and 192/24. It is marked as Craft Recordings and the text says it's a new transfer by Kevin Gray, so it seems like it was done in tandem with the new vinyl (just as he is doing with the Tone Poet series).

Some consolation for those, like me, who missed out on the vinyl — and perhaps great news for those who are digital-only!

23. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Ive listened to a few clips on youtube. Pretty standard Leon affair. My issue with it is the crowd is pretty raucous and loud. Kind of distracting.

Jgirar01 likes this.
  24. RichC

RichC Forum Resident

The SHF discount price is apparently 70€+shipping! (See Classifieds)

izgoblin, dkswaff and PatMcC like this.
  25. tbugsett

tbugsett Forum Resident

Here in Oslo, Norway I paid NOK195 = US$23/UK£18

PatMcC and OptimisticGoat like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.