Record Store Day RSD 2019

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by joe1320, Jan 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OptimisticGoat

OptimisticGoat Everybody's escapegoat....

I can't imagine that and mine is still 2 weeks away.

2. PatMcC

PatMcC Active Member

Wow, that's a good price unlike Discogs/Ebay.

3. Chris Treece

Chris Treece Forum Resident

Any UK peeps looking for the Jeff Tweedy or Yes LPs, then Piccadilly Records in Manchester have stock of both. Less one copy of each as of 10 mins ago

4. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

I ordered The Crow and Lost In Translation soundtracks. Hopefully they'll be fulfilled. They've stopped taking new orders of at least those two, so hopefully that's an indication that they will indeed receive some stock.

JNTEX likes this.
  5. funkyfriendwow

funkyfriendwow Member

Does anyone have any comments on the sound and pressing quality of the Procol Harum 2 lp reissue?

6. Fleet Fox

Fleet Fox Forum Resident

Elvis Presley- Elvis At The International Hotel - sorry to report on this one that this is actually a released show, so sony have messed up slightly here.
    The Midnight Show (MS) has already been released on Elvis at the International FTD CD and from side by side listening it appears this is the same show at this
    and not the unreleased Dinner Show (DS) (He never sang 'Memories' at the DS). I checked into this once I realized that the documented DS tracklist does not sync with the new RSD release. Also , to make it worse 'What'd I Say' on side 4 had been edited down to 2 minutes when in actuality it is 6 or 7 minutes...there was no need for this as side 4 is only 17 minutes.

Apart from that the pressing is great and the concert is great and even if it is the MS, it is good to have on vinyl, al-be-it with the edited 'What'd I Say' ...

maui jim, RocksOff87, Jimijam and 3 others like this.
  7. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959

Do a search for it, and make sure you limit your search to April 13th or later. There have been several comments among the several RSD threads.

uzn007 likes this.
  8. gov

gov Forum Resident

Have an opportunity to buy the Fela release for face value. Can someone advise on the quality of recording/pressing and the music contained?

I searched this thread but just saw a bunch of people noting that they picked it up. Appreciate any insights...

Grow Fins and uzn007 like this.
  9. Dreaddazzman

Dreaddazzman Forum Resident

Lot of debate on that here.

https://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=103303&start=25

Seems to be some disagreement on what the actual setlist was for the Dinner set and that it's been suggested that Memories was played.

10. CBackley

CBackley Chairman of the Bored

Crap! This is bad news.

11. Dreaddazzman

Dreaddazzman Forum Resident

12. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

how was EM up there? they've all but given up on RSD in Portland.

13. Wiserforthetime

Wiserforthetime Forum Resident

What is the issue with the Dylan?

14. I got to EM later...third on my journey and found two RSD items I missed out earlier in the morning.

Strange store. Physically huge with a lot of new product. OK used but also lots of multiple trashed copies of used records. So they don't seem to curate there stock very much.

GentleSenator likes this.
  15. SoporJoe

SoporJoe Forum Resident

God bless Portland.

16. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

sure. but their apathy is probably what's lead to them shutting down a location while the other locals are hitting new records thanks in large part to the RSDs.

Rekkerds likes this.
  17. JNTEX

JNTEX Lava Police

i wonder if amazon directly gets RSD run titles, because of what they sell during the year? I assume that is what we are seeing.

18. Reid Smith

Reid Smith Forum Resident

All the RSD 2019 listings or any year on Amazon are all third party sellers! Amazon is not selling or ordering any RSD items,they are going through Amazon.
    If a third party seller has Amazon handle their account and it will say Fulfilled by Amazon,that is still not Amazon selling it,the third party seller pays a fee to have Amazon handle all..warehousing,shipping and customer service that for them and is stocked in one of Amazon's warehouses.
    Here is a list below of RSD 2019 items
    IMWAN • [Preview] Record Store Day 2019 leftovers

Chris Bernhardt, slosaint and JNTEX like this.
  19. uzn007

uzn007 Pack Rat

I had a couple of chances to grab this and was very tempted, so I'd also like to hear reviews on this one.

20. trat

trat Forum Resident

For people that didn't get the Jerry Garcia Band Eel River release, Jerry's Instagram account announced that they were going to press more of them. Colored vinyl with a slightly different cover.

21. Mugrug12

Mugrug12 The Jungle Is a Skyscraper

The one on mainstream? I always see it for really expensive on eBay etc. didn't know that was an rsd album. What's it's like?

22. onm3rcur7

onm3rcur7 Forum Resident

I don't think anyone has talked about sublime's compilation of demos for this RSD (nugs - best of the box).

So far only 2 songs spun... but sounding rather warm and lovely . Perhaps is the sunny day that also helps and goes so well with this kinda music.

[​IMG]

Nrochie4184 and theshape like this.
  23. onm3rcur7

onm3rcur7 Forum Resident

I must add. After 10 min of spinning i notice certain grill sound on the background i cleaned it but doesnt dissapear... not super loud but bit annoying. To the experts of the forum...why does that happen?

24. I think they've spent about 36c total in the last 15years on their stores. They're not appealing, for sure. They have tons of crap records that should have been blown out years ago for 50c a disc.

The Beaverton store closed as they lost the lease to a higher paying tenant, a liquor store. That store was the best of the bunch.

25. They did not seem to get much stock at all at the Sandy store. I was 8th in line.

2nd ave got a lot this year.

GentleSenator and Rekkerds like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.