Record Store Day 2020 - "RSD Drops" Aug 29/Sep 26/Oct 24

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by joe1320, Jan 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pokemaniacjunk

pokemaniacjunk Forum Resident

I might have to go for the Zappa and the John Lennon release and possibly the Elton John release

2. The Bensons

The Bensons Forum Resident

Thanks so much @Mo0g for posting these, you're an absolute star!

I see "Home" by Terry Hall is finally getting released on vinyl, 25 years after I attempted to buy it on said format and was told it was CD only, the first time that had ever happened to me!

django68, LivingForever and uzn007 like this.
  3. ABBDutchFan

ABBDutchFan Forum Resident

Only a few i'm (mildly) interested in: UFO, The Ramones, Neal Casal, The Pogues.

And only one "must have": Rory Gallagher - Cleveland Calling (8 song accoustic set).

Too bad i haven't spotted anything from The Allman Brothers Band, Dickey Betts, Warren Haynes, Gov't Mule or The Tedeschi Trucks Band.
    All have done at least one RSD release in the past couple of years. Maybe on the USA list.....

4. Rory Gallagher for sure .... pity it's a UK only release.

5. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member

Thanks for copying and sharing those pages. Personally I'm happy to see the k.d. lang titles and especially the ROBYN album!

6. disraeli

disraeli Forum Resident

Dearest record execs who troll deeez pages looking for release ideas....

PLEEEEEEEZZZZZ

Ginger Baker just died.

In his honor, can we finally have an official vinyl release of

Sunrise on the Sufferbus!!

Prettty PLEEEEZ.

Masters of Reality I say. A frigging masterpiece.

7. willmatic

willmatic Forum Resident

@Mo0g thank you for this list. My next thoughts are in no way a reflection upon your hard work.

I’ll support my local record store and pick up a few of these. But all in all, nothing here excites me. I am aware it’s all relative to the individual ...and for me, this will make two straight RSD’s I find difficult to get behind.

CaseyJames likes this.
  8. Zapruder

Zapruder Just zis guy, you know?

Description explicitly states they are officially licensed 50th Anniv. reissues.

uzn007 likes this.
  9. JRose

JRose Forum Resident

Noooooooooooooooo! I've been waiting for "the X-Files: Songs in the Key of X" (various artists) to be released on vinyl. I was so excited when I noticed the X-Files release but this is just Mark Snow's score. So close :eek:

Not the best RSD but not bad. I'm in for Alice Cooper Live Glasgow and ChangesNowBowie. Fleetwood Mac alternate rumors, Kinks Kronickles and the Doors Soft Parade Doors only mixes are highly likely for me to grab. Skid Row slave to the grind is looking good to me but I think I could get an original pressing for same price as 2LP.

Thanks Mo0g!

VinylMario likes this.
  10. Zapruder

You won't be able to get a nice copy for under $60, and that's if you import one from the UK. US copies are $100+.

JRose likes this.
  11. pinkrudy

pinkrudy Senior Member

fleetwood mac alternate rumours for sure.

about 3 or 4 others i have some interest:
    ELP live
    gong sheffield 74
    doors - soft parade (doors only mix)

12. B. Bu Po

B. Bu Po Senior Member

Thanks for the reminder! I think I'll play some of my 3" CDs right now! They have music on them I enjoy hearing and they're cute and fun! :tiphat:

c-eling likes this.
  13. frogfog

frogfog Zappaddict

Anybody else noticed the Marvin Pontiac? Added to my list.

uzn007 likes this.
  14. The Gomper

The Gomper By Your Side?

In for :

Homegrown
    Alice
    Alt Rumours
    Slave to the Grind
    The Who
    The Doors

tug_of_war likes this.
  15. jimod99

jimod99 Daddy or chips?

By a label that has absolutley no online presence.........

BigManRestless likes this.
  16. Zapruder

Yeah, I'm definitely skeptical of these, but it would make more sense for them to reissue them now than any other time. I'd think that if these were truly unauthorized by the band, and since they are prominently featured, said label would be subject to a pretty nasty lawsuit.

17. joe1320

joe1320 Forum Resident Thread Starter

I noticed Steven Wilson said he was involved in two RSD release, but I only found one Roxy Music first album, anyone noticed the second Thanks

18. Zapruder

Ultravox

factory44 likes this.
  19. Kym

Kym Former Resident

The Ultravox "Sleepwalk" single, a foretaste of the upcoming 40th anniversary box set.

uzn007 likes this.
  20. JRose

JRose Forum Resident

Agreed on U.S. copy but imports from 1991 are reasonable. Just looked at UK copy for $44.51 including shipping on Discogs Skid Row - Slave To The Grind: LP, Album For Sale | Discogs . Seller is willing to accept offers so I should be able to get it for under $40.
    I like the red colored but the 2LP will cost $35 minimum. I think you're right though. Buying the RSD version will probably be the best approach.

21. jimod99

jimod99 Daddy or chips?

There are numerous unofficial/counterfeit versions of the albums out there already and easily available, and as far as I know there have been no lawsuits pertaining to any of those releases.

Another unofficial version of Tone Float came out in the last few weeks on vinyl and cd, both are available on Amazon.

22. Sedwards

Sedwards Hyperactive!

Thanks for posting @moog - This may actually be an expensive RSD for me if these are available in the US and I get everything I want:

Spacebug - Resident Alien
    Neil Young - Homegrown
    Both Bowies
    Tull - Stormwatch 2
    Pink Floyd - Arnold Lane
    Elton John
    Fleetwood Mac - Alternate Rumors
    Rory Gallagher - Cleveland Calling
    Who - Odds & Sods
    Neal Casal - Fade Away
    North Sea Radio Orch - I A Moon
    Lennon - Instant Karma

tug_of_war likes this.
  23. Zapruder

Yes, I'm aware of the numerous counterfeit copies. The primary issue is that NONE of them (including the Tone Float reissue) are available through legitimate distribution channels, which is the only way for stores to get RSD product.

edit: Tone Float just popped up in my store's primary distributor's catalog, which indicates to me that while it might not be authorized by the band, it is licensed by whoever owns the rights to the material.

24. Richard 1966

Richard 1966 Forum Resident

The Clash or T rex ?

25. captouch

captouch Forum Resident

What do you guys make of the Bill Evans Some Other Time release? This was a 2016 RSD release.

Are they re-releasing it in the same form again for 2020 RSD?

backeast likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.