Record Store Day "RSD" April 2018 Releases*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by cwd, Feb 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smartiepants

smartiepants Senior Member

Yep, I've looked at the list, there is nothing popping out at me that is worth me getting up at silly o'clock for, can't see the one I would really want selling out, all the stuff will be behind the counter and you have to do a list and if he still has it then it's yours, unfortunately I do like a good browse, if I'm going to have to make a list and hope I might as well buy it online
    The Music will be good though

2. Purplefowler

Purplefowler Forum Resident

The tickets are just for your place in the queue, everything will be out on the shelves, that’s why it was a free for all last year as the doors opened and everyone just piled in! I had to do a spectacular jumping dive to snag elastica! Hopefully it won’t be like that this time, lol!

3. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident

My local store opens at 8am, I’m going to go down around 9am. There are 4 or 5 things I’d like but I don’t want to queue for hours and I also hate being around adults shoving to get stuff, I picture those scenes from American news on Black Friday where people get trampled for a flat screen. Hopefully they’ll still have copies of what I want by that time but I’m prepared to take the risk rather than getting elbowed in the face by a Led Zep fanatic.

4. David P. Hill

David P. Hill Forum Resident

5. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Why don’t 78’s, music cylinders, or mini-discs get any love either? I’m exaggerating, but only slightly...:hide:

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    RandelPink likes this.
  6. J_D__

J_D__ Senior Member

Click on the link, I've also seen it elsewhere but, can't remember where. They released Ready Steady Three last year.

7. stoneknuckle

stoneknuckle Forum Resident

Evidently there will be a Third Man mystery release that no stores will have until the day before 4/20, and the retailers are not being told what it is, but have been asked to order without knowing what it is. It will be a available as a double LP and also on CD. The only hints are that it is an established indie artist favorite with a rabid cult following.

Paranoid Android likes this.
  8. mikeja75

mikeja75 Forum Resident

Margo Price?

James Bennett likes this.
  9. Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android Forum Resident

That is what RSD is all about....

Adam Bosman likes this.
  10. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

I have only been to a local store on actual RSD one time. I almost always end up finding everything I wanted, and more, over the following few days. RSD is a Saturday. Saturday mornings are for catching up on sleep. Records can wait, even on RSD.

11. Acoustic Warrior

Acoustic Warrior I Come From The Water

This is gonna be soooo goooood...
    [​IMG]

Tuck1977, nmesen, Subvet and 7 others like this.
  12. Purplefowler

Purplefowler Forum Resident

I’ve been trying to find out
    what this is too as my shop is getting it in. All I’ve found is that it is on green vinyl and will be about £60. It also contains a badge which is meant to be work on Friday and everything will make sense! I’m so intrigued! Not only is it very limited, only a select few record shops have been “invited” to stock it even though they won’t onow what it is until it arrives!

smartiepants likes this.
  13. Fa La La

Fa La La Well-Known Member

CDs still sell. Not like they used to. Not by a long shot. Not even as much as the recent past (ie last year). But they are still a semi-popular format. Far more so than 78s, mini-discs, player piano rolls, cassettes and all other previous formats.

jupiter8 likes this.
  14. jupiter8

jupiter8 Forum Resident

Give it a couple years until hipsters discover cds as 90s nostalgia grows...

15. Vinylsoul 1965

Vinylsoul 1965 Senior Member

You can sleep when you're dead. You really must get your priorities in order, my friend lol :)

Madness likes this.
  16. troggy

troggy Papa-Oom-Mow-Mow

Unfortunately.

17. slop101

slop101 Guitar Geek

This blows! There's on ONE RSD release I want, and it's a UK-only one, and just it's pre-orders, which are almost sold-out, are going for $100.
    Wonder if I should jump on that now, and see if more will be available for less after it's release date...

18. nodeerforamonth

nodeerforamonth Consistently misunderstood

Which one?

By all means... WAIT. I always get whatever UK releases I want afterwards for list. Check amazon.co.uk in a couple weeks. Also ebay.co.uk on an hourly basis. Many stores put it up for list as "buy it now".

No way should you buy a pre-order. Especially for $100.

19. Sixpence

Sixpence Zeppelin Fan

CDJapan already advertising this on CD.

Acoustic Warrior likes this.
  20. Acoustic Warrior

Acoustic Warrior I Come From The Water

Will be a nice addition to the vinyl. Thanks for the heads up! It will be mine!

21. slop101

slop101 Guitar Geek

This one...

[​IMG]

Ocean Colour Scene - "Marchin' Already"

If any kindly members here in the UK could grab this for me, I will totally make it worth your while! ;)

mestreech likes this.
  22. Vinylsoul 1965

Vinylsoul 1965 Senior Member

ooh. Wished I hadn't seen this - don't want to add another title to my list!!! Good luck fidning one!

23. MickAvory

MickAvory Forum Resident

Is there any word on the Andrew Loog Oldham Rolling Stones Songbook LP? I just noticed it isn't on the list anymore and Bullmoose says not available (different wording to their normal RSD availability lingo).

Did it get cancelled or pushed back to the Thanksgiving RSD? Released regular outside of RSD? Does anybody have any info?

In a way I'm glad since it will save me some money Saturday.

24. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

I will TRY to get it from my local shop who has some connections in the UK but NO promises. It was not on the Dutch list where I live.

25. nosliw

nosliw Delivering parcels throughout Teyvat! Meow~!

Wowzers, going price for the boxset goes for 55 GBP and combine it with shipping to Canada will be utterly brutal. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.