Record Store Day "RSD" April 2018 Releases*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by cwd, Feb 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

That's because they won't know either until that day or right before, unless of course connected, and oh how I remember those days!

I respect how some feel about RSD and I get it, but as a music fanatic, I just can't turn the other head. I'm over the "flipper" part of it (just get up early, its all you can do), but where it gets unfair is for the fans that do not have a store close by they can go to, which brings us to a good example of why flippers are not respected by the ones that just want to get cool music by the artists they love!

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
    Sean, Grow Fins and Purplefowler like this.
  2. Jerry James

Jerry James Rorum Fesident

I think it's time we see some reissues by Everything But the Girl for RSD. Hmmmmmm...

3. stoneknuckle

stoneknuckle Forum Resident

The list is going to retailers on 3/1 or so I've heard. I'm sure the list will leak ahead of the official announcement as usual.

scotti likes this.
  4. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member

5. cwd

cwd Forum Resident Thread Starter

ANother thread on the forum about a live Neil Young-apparently not RSD exclusive.

6. Great Music Lover

Great Music Lover Well-Known Member

I suspect any Elvis ones will fall into the Public Domain type of release. I have not heard that Sony will do anything special for RSD. They will be concentrating on the new HBO Soundtrack album "The Searcher".

7. Kevin j

Kevin j The 5th 99

Grow Fins, Subvet, cwd and 1 other person like this.
  8. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

9. jimac51

jimac51 A mythical beast.

RSD is Apr. 21. Sounds way too early for official list. It usually falls about a month before.

10. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

Nope, its coming then if not sooner, was at my local store yesterday and its about to be published very soon!

cwd likes this.
  11. cwd

cwd Forum Resident Thread Starter

Awesome! I'm split between early RSD and seeing Yo La Tengo the very first time. So, far, it's YLT because (1) the stuff from data so far has sources I'm not in love with , except the Neil Young, which (2) will be available later.

scotti likes this.
  12. Dan33185

Dan33185 Dylan/Cohen/Adams/T. Buckley/Holly

13. markp

markp I am always thinking about Jazz.

Once again, I love Record Store Day, and always find 5-10 records I want. If I cannot find them in the store, I buy them online My local store, Rhino Records in Claremont, has at least 200 people lined up before the doors open.

Sean, RandelPink and Grow Fins like this.
  14. JasonA

JasonA Forum Resident

Led Zeppelin will release a limited edition 7” single featuring 2 previously unheard mixes produced by Jimmy Page: the “Sunset Sound Mix” of “Rock And Roll” and the “Olympic Studios Mix” of “Friends.” The single will be available as part of Record Store Day, exclusively from independent music retailers, on April 21, 2018.

Led Zeppelin to Issue Rare Mixes of 'Rock and Roll,' 'Friends'

15. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

Gotta have this, but oh how I wish this was a 12" and not a 7", not a fan at all when it comes to spinning records this small...this thing just has 'flipper" written all over it...seems like the 7" titles go like crazy when the doors open.

DHamilton and JasonA like this.
  16. JasonA

JasonA Forum Resident

Yeah, that and the price. I'm over the idea of spending $10+ for a 7".

MarkO and Paully like this.
  17. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

And these songs will no doubt find a home on the unreleased full length JP is working on for release this year, must be a tease from that...

18. FourWalledWorld

FourWalledWorld Forum Resident

Wow, the classic "alternate mixes" strike again. How uninspiring.

19. Boognish

Boognish On a never-ending quest for vinyl...

Perhaps, for the 50th anniversary of the original studio release, The Pretty Things could release the live from Abbey Road version of SF Sorrow, featuring David Gilmour and Arthur Brown.

1968 is the 50th anniversary for a lot of classic albums. We should probably expect some reissues of that sort.

Purplefowler and troggy like this.
  20. Richard 1966

Richard 1966 Forum Resident

21. Richard 1966

Richard 1966 Forum Resident

Would really love a 40th reissue of the first two Stiff Little Fingers singles. SLF are still touring their 40th anniversary show ( 41st year now )

jimhb, nmesen and MarkO like this.
  22. Trace

Trace Senior Member

None of it is necessary. It's records, not water, food or air. I don't usually buy the "collectables" but I' don't begrudge anyone who does. Why not have something for everyone.

Not trying to single out AnalogJ, just quoting the post to make my point.

23. nosliw

nosliw Delivering parcels throughout Teyvat! Meow~!

Apparently, one of the big media Canadian distributors has a list of over a hundred RSD 2018 titles: F.A.B. Distribution

24. Rkellner

Rkellner Forum Resident

Hot damn, that looks like the real deal

25. tinnox

tinnox Senior Member

I’m in for the Dio !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.