Record Store Day - Toronto 2011

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by eddiel, Mar 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member Thread Starter

I thought it might be a good idea to give people a heads up on what's going in at the various shops here in Toronto on RSD.

No need to discuss limited releases and all that as we're all aware of how that works. But some shops should be having some good sales on at the same time.

So far I found some info on the Vortex sight http://vortexrecords.ca/

They're having a great sale on used vinyl:

30% off April 16 and 17 (10am - 10pm Saturday; 11am - 6pm Sunday)
    40% off April 18 and 19 (10am - 8pm)
    50% off April 20 (10am - 8pm)

Pretty good discounts. I'll definitely be hitting up that place. There's a record fair on the 17th as well so it might be an expensive week for spending!

Vortex are also having two contests and one prize is the Syl Johnson 4CD+6LP box set.

I'm sure other stores will be doing some sort of sales so I'll post if I see anything. Anyone else know of good deals it would be nice if you post it up.

On a general note it'll be my first RSD in Toronto so just wondering what it's like in general. Is it mental?

I don't care much about the limited releases. I'm more interested in general deals on the day.

Gorts - Not sure where to put this. I thought maybe the third party sales section but thought it might fit better in this section. Feel free to move if you think it should be elsewhere.

Eddie

2. Adam9

Adam9 Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй.

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.