Record store in Miami Beach,FL ?

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by varyat, Dec 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. varyat

varyat Forum Resident Thread Starter

Any good shops in the Miami Beach area? I know of Technique and RadioActive....any others? Thanks!

2. vinylontubes

vinylontubes Forum Resident

Neither of those places are in Miami Beach. Radio-Active is in Ft. Lauderdale and Technique in Miami proper. When you see a place in Florida with a capitalized Beach after another location, it's generally a separate city from the mainland and normally on a barrier island. I grew up in Florida, this is the case for Miami Beach. So, are you asking about record shops in the greater South Florida area? I honestly wouldn't shop for records in the high rent area of Miami Beach. If record shops hadn't all but closed up in the '80s, there might have been a legacy shop there. But Miami Beach revitalized just when independent record shops were closing down back then. I think the last time a store was actually on Miami Beach was when Spec's Music a store chain based out of South Florida built a Super Store in the early '90s before things got too expensive, but Hurricane Andrew in 1992 caused huge losses for that store chain. They never recovered and sold off all their stores.

mur likes this.
  3. mur

mur Hyperactive!

As the above post stated Miami Beach does not have any stores to my knowledge. If you are willing to venture, I would recommend looking at the thread in this section for record stores in South Florida. There is about 6 shops between Miami and Fort Lauderdale. My favorite being We Got the Beats in Fort Lauderdale.

4. varyat

varyat Forum Resident Thread Starter

Thanks guys! Im willing to travel a bit.....Will check out We Got The Beats. Any others within an hour of Miami Beach?

5. drpep

drpep Whizzing and pasting and pooting through the day

Yesterday and Today Records on 40th St in Miami.Haven’t been since 2012 so I can’t answer any questions.

6. SPF2001

SPF2001 a must to avoid

Sir Arthur Oldies in Ft. Lauderdale. Oh sorry, Arthur died in 2002.

7. Chee

Chee Forum Resident

I know somebody who just recently hit every store north of Fort Lauderdale to Orlando, all were total jokes or long gone from the 90's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.