Record Stores in Burlington, VT area?

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by Jerry, Jul 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerry

Jerry Grateful Gort Staff Thread Starter

I'm working a few days in Essex Junction, VT next week and was hoping to sneak away to a record store or two while I'm up there. I see these 3 stores listed in Burlington: Downtown Discs, Pure Pop Records and Burlington Records. Any of these worth visiting? Also, I'm staying in Essex Junction, which I guess is about 20 minutes away. Is there anything closer to my homebase, or is Burlington it? Never been there before. I'm told we'll be videotaping at the Magic Hat Brewery one day. Anyplace else I should try to visit in the area?

Thanks!
    :righton:

2. I wish I knew/could help you but until someone chimes in have a look at this thread.

-s1m0n-

3. Jerry

Jerry Grateful Gort Staff Thread Starter

Thanks!

Looks bleak.

4. ledsox

ledsox Senior Member

I grew up in Essex Jct. a long time ago. Bought many an lp at Pure Pop back in the late 70's early 80's and still visit the store when I'm back there. I don't really know about other shops in the area anymore. I always had to go to Burlington for my music.

I think the Dylan tour just played the fair in Essex Jct which is cool but strange to me because back in the 70's the most rocking show there was probably Lynn Anderson.

Local guitarist Nobby Reed and his band will play the Lincoln Inn from time to time. Look out for him, he's very good.

Enjoy your stay in my old hometown.

5. Thesmellofvinyl

Thesmellofvinyl Senior Member

If I were in your shoes I would go to all three stores. I don't believe there are any in Essex Junction. If you're in the mood for a slice of pizza while there, go to Ken's on Church Strteet.

6. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Senior Member

Its been a long time since I've visited Burlington. I do remember visiting a couple record shops downtown, one at street level and one down some stairs. Sorry, but I can't be more helpful than that. Actually I have no idea if they're even still there, so I am really of little help at all. :sigh:
    A couple places I would recommend though are The Red Onion for great salads and sandwiches, and The Vermont Pub and Brewery for a couple pints of their delicious Burly Irish Ale.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.