Record stores in Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island & Connecticut!!

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by panicproject, Dec 28, 2017.

1. ngower

ngower Forum Resident

Was in Boston for a minute and checked out MRL again yesterday, their selection is always pretty killer. Didn't have the time to really poke around so I walked away empty-handed, but probably hitting it up again down the road. Might check out some of the Watertown shops soon as well.

Stopped into Enterprise today and happy to report the owner is as charming as ever. Did snag a couple decent gets though.

2. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

Not up on my initials, which store is MRL?

As for Enterprise (I assume you mean Portland), that guy is a character but I've never had an issue with quality.

3. ngower

ngower Forum Resident

Music Research Library.

And yeah, his selection is usually great but the dude's not winning any customer service awards this millennium.

4. CaseyJames

CaseyJames Relaxed Fit Jeans Vibe

Bob rules and is super nice; you just have to spend some time at his shop. He's been in the game a LONG time and has seen it all.

I don't really like the new location because parking is a major headache. I really need to go pay a visit.

5. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

Paul’s Boutique Records and Good Kind both in Vernon CT are must sees.

6. ngower

ngower Forum Resident

Construction has killed parking but you can usually find parking on streets near the holiday inn if you don’t mind walking a little

7. ngower

ngower Forum Resident

Haven't been myself, but a listening bar opened up in Downtown Crossing (Temple Records Bar). Looks like drinks and sushi and records.

8. DISKOJOE

DISKOJOE Boredom That You Can Afford!

Here’s a recent Boston news report on how to dispose of large recollections, erm, record collections featuring Looney Tunes Records in Allston and Barrence Whitfield in his day job with the Record Exchange in Salem:

Plunderphonica and uzn007 like this.
  9. quindembo

quindembo Forum Resident

The senior producer on that report was Clint Conley of Mission of Burma!

Plunderphonica, uzn007 and DISKOJOE like this.