Record stores in Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island & Connecticut!!

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by panicproject, Dec 28, 2017.

1. seave

seave Member

Skele-Tone Records in Rochester, NH. Vast selection of used vinyl. Great selection of new vinyl also.
    They specialize in Punk, Metal and Classic Rock. Guaranteed you will see something of interest!
    Lots of stuff you won't see in every Record store! Worth a visit for sure!

2. CaseyJames

CaseyJames Relaxed Fit Jeans Vibe

My only issue with Skele-tone is that their pricing is all over the place. Some stuff is reasonably priced while other things are wayyyyyyy bonkers. But overall, tons of stuff to look through and well worth a visit (I'll be going Friday on my way to visit family).

3. seave

seave Member

Typically the "over priced" stuff is vintage rare M- stuff that you may even have a hard time finding online. Typically...

uzn007 likes this.
  4. PB with J

PB with J Well-Known Member

Right - agree with seave that the "over-priced" stuff is generally rare. I have purchased bunch of stuff from there - some of the bargain stuff as well as regular priced items. I visually scan the disks before purchase, but all my purchases have played well on my system.

5. seave

seave Member

Totally forgot to report the SkeleTone Records is hosting their very first Record Store Day! Looking forward to it!

6. hvbias

hvbias Forum Resident

Google brought up Joe's Albums, Jelly's, Union Music and EL Music in Worcester MA, any reviews for them? I'm primarily interested in digital but classical and jazz on vinyl is fine. Thanks.

7. SimonSaysCake

SimonSaysCake Forum Resident

Jelly's in Worcester was a fun place to visit, deep CD "catalog" of some artists, pretty good sized store, stuff I hadn't seen for sale in a store for a long time. Prices on the high side but it's great to be there, like shopping in a time capsule. They do carry new releases too.

-s1m0n-

8. uzn007

uzn007 Pack Rat

I've got to big up whoever mentioned the Newbury Comics in Norwood. I finally visited there a few weeks ago and was pleasantly surprised by the depth of their inventory. Saw a number of items that I've been idly watching out for but hadn't seen anywhere else.

panicproject likes this.