Record stores in Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island & Connecticut!!

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by panicproject, Dec 28, 2017.

1. CaseyJames

CaseyJames Relaxed Fit Jeans Vibe

Go a little further North to Portland and hit Electric Buddha, Enterprise, Moody Lords, and The Merchant Company.

uzn007 and CraigC like this.
  2. cdash99

cdash99 Forum Resident

There’s Skeletone in Rochester..I’ve never been but it might be on your way.

CraigC likes this.
  3. PB with J

PB with J Well-Known Member

It's not on your way, but I've been happy shopping at Skele-tone. Some prices are very high, but most are pretty well priced. There's also R.S. Butler's in Northwood - there are some good deals there (he also supplies Bull Moose in Portsmouth with used vinyl).

4. Danby Delight

Danby Delight Forum Resident

Not one of those stores is worth driving over an hour one way.

5. cdash99

cdash99 Forum Resident

Enterprise can be interesting and eclectic, and the ride can be done in 45 minutes with a bit of gas pedal action, but I overall agree with you.

6. CaseyJames

I disagree somewhat. I always have good luck at Enterprise (and I go weekly) but that's maybe because the owner knows what I like and puts stuff aside for me. Perks of being a regular, I suppose.

Moody Lords is good for "staple" records (Springsteen, LZ, Beatles, etc). And the owners are super nice and are able to come up with things if you ask.

Buddha's I've only had minimal success, butI the successes have been good. I only hit them once a month or so.

Merchant Company has a lot but never really anything I'm into. Worth checking out though.

7. CaseyJames

I've talked about their high prices before and was shot down on here, so I'm glad someone else recognizes that. Seems like they are more into new vinyl these days as their used stock doesn't seem to get refreshed with any regularity. The truly high (over) priced stuff is the consignment stuff which is laughable.