Record stores in Osaka (particularly looking for 90’s indie/britpop)

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by MarioHead, Sep 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarioHead

MarioHead Forum Resident Thread Starter

Hello guys, I’ll be going to Osaka next month and was hoping to get recommendations form our forum members. I’m basically on the hunt for 90’s indie and britpop albums. Which stores would you suggest that I prioritize? A friend of mine told me to check out Time Bomb records. Any other tips and suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks!

2. mfidelity

mfidelity Senior Member

There are a lot of record stores in the Nipponbashi/Den Den Town area on the east side of Namba Station. I don't remember any names but there is a good concentration. There is also a Disc Union about a 5 minute walk from Osaka Station.

3. mfidelity

mfidelity Senior Member

Also near Time Bomb is King Kong. Names I remember in Nipponbashi are Mint, Naka and Sound Pak.

4. MarioHead

MarioHead Forum Resident Thread Starter

@mfidelity: Thank you! Will try to check them all out.

5. Harvey Rickenbacker

Harvey Rickenbacker Forum Resident

Mint near Namba station might a chance for Brit Pop. It certainly had plenty of British new wave and 80’s vinyl. Forever Records is another option and very close to Mint. 90’s vinyl can be pretty thin on the ground though as the transition from LP to CD happened very quickly in Japan. By 1990 most UK things were only being pressed in Japan on CD and only low quantities of vinyl would have been imported. If it’s CD’s you are after though there should be plenty.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.