Redd Kross - new album

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by sixelsix, Nov 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sixelsix

sixelsix Forum Resident Thread Starter

2. chickendinna

chickendinna Homegrown’s All Right With Me

Great news, love this band. Researching the Blues was a welcome return.

veloso2 likes this.
  3. nodeerforamonth

nodeerforamonth Consistently misunderstood

Researching The Blues is my favorite Redd Kross album! And I've been a fan for 30 years. Jeff told me a couple years ago that they basically had another album ready to go

4. raginghessian

raginghessian Well-Known Member

one of my favorite bands ever …no matter what era!

thanks for linking this article.

5. Shriner

Shriner Forum Resident

Awesome news! Researching the Blues is probably one of my favorite albums of the last 5 years.

chickendinna likes this.
  6. VeeDub

VeeDub Senior Member

RTB was a welcome surprise. Glad to hear another album may be imminent.

Anyone pick up the recently-released, self-titled Jeff McDonald LP? Apparently it was recorded around the time of Show World. Wondering if it came with a download, or has been released digitally otherwise.

7. raginghessian

raginghessian Well-Known Member

NO, I have been trying to get that damn thing for 15 years. The 1st edition was only 33 copies made that came in a Tupperware case with like glitter and toys inside and was originally sold at one record store in Los Angeles. I had seen one sole copy show up on Ebay years ago that went up to $400 which was out of my league. Then about a month ago I woke up to a twitter message from Jeff that the album was on sale right now on Ebay. Unfortunately the message came through while I was asleep and all 80 copies were gone. It drives me nuts because it's one of the only things I don't have relating to RK , that and a clean Third Eye vinyl. I've got the Sky Saxon records they were on, the Anarchy 6 album, 3 different Neurotica on vinyl and the original CD, the Third Eye dance floor recovery kit, a bunch of weird stuff but not being able to nab this thing kills me! ….I am an idiot!

There is also the "experimental" Jeff solo album too called "The Outrageous Incantations Of Beatrice Winters" and it's interesting but odd

8. Turntable

Turntable Senior Member

Excellent news - great band

9. kouzie

kouzie Forum Resident

It looks like it's out in Spain on vinyl. I just looked on Discogs and there are several copies for sale (around $25 + shipping).

10. VeeDub

VeeDub Senior Member

Right, if you do vinyl you should be good to go - unless you are still trying to score one of those scarce original releases. Other than Discogs, it's been turning up (the 2016 Spain vinyl) on eBay every so often. Bang! Records is the Spanish label, but they appear to be out of stock.

I may break down and pick up the vinyl; I was just hoping it would be out in an alternative fashion, as I've boxed up the vinyl rig for a while due to lack of space.

11. sixelsix

FYI, we should be seeing tour dates pop up within the next several days. They’re playing a festival in Atlanta at the end of April and are lining up shows leading up to that. Only other thing on their website so far is 4/15 in Denver but a little birdie told me they’re coming to my neck of the woods also. This is exciting news.

VeeDub and troggy like this.
  12. Here's hoping that it doesn't take them five years to get the next album out.

sixelsix likes this.
  13. sixelsix

14. sixelsix

troggy likes this.
  15. fsutall

fsutall Senior Member

I'm thrilled that they are performing in the Blue Room at Jack White's Third Man Records complex here in Nashville on May 13! Great sounding venue that only holds approx. 250. Doesn't look like they're planning to record and release the show as a live album via Third Man, but hopefully that will change.

16. sixelsix

I saw them Saturday night. Totally frickin' unbelievable. At least as good, if not better, than when I saw them on the Phaseshifter tour in '94.
    If you're anywhere near Austin, NOLA or the other places they are hitting this week, GO. Don't even think twice about it.

Lightworker likes this.
  17. Lightworker

Lightworker Forum Resident

Is Astrid McDonald's band touring with them? I like what I've heard from them so far.

[​IMG]

18. sixelsix

Don't think so, at least for this leg of the tour. Openers are varying depending on city. The openers for the Memphis show are currently based on NOLA. Good band that I'm friendly with.

Will have to check out Astrid's band. I would think they have a better than good shot at being decent.

Lightworker likes this.
  19. HeydayKilbey

HeydayKilbey Forum Resident

Exciting news for Redd Kross fans:

The official Redd Kross web site - official news and information about the legendary LA based punk/rock/power pop band.

New album due summer 2019, reissues of Phaseshifter and Show World, and a small West Coast tour. All great news to hear, it only took 7 years for the follow up lp to happen :laugh: I have original vinyl pressings for all their albums but maybe if the new versions of Phaseshifter and Show World are AAA I might be interested. Done by Third Man so that could be possible.

20. Lightworker

Might make the Vegas show if the travel miles are right.

21. PaulJay

PaulJay Forum Resident

So exited about the new album and reissues. Summer can't get here soon enough. Been a long time fan, seen them in Chicago last year and they were absolutely fantastic, best show of the year for me and I go to a lot of shows.
    7 years between albums isn't so bad for them seeing it was 15 years between "Show World" (1997) and "Researching the Blues" (2012).

melstapler likes this.
  22. Bob C

Bob C Forum Resident

They played a new song called something like 'Party Underground' in Ventura last night.

melstapler likes this.
  23. Lightworker

Hope they do it in a proper studio this time. The last one was a little more slammed than need be.

24. DME1061

DME1061 Forum Resident

Love Redd Kross and looking forward to a new album. Just picked up the Merge CD reissues of Teen Babes From Monsanto and Hot Issue (song on there called That Girl is my new favorite one at the moment).

melstapler likes this.
  25. HeydayKilbey

HeydayKilbey Forum Resident

So how was the show,? My wife and I almost went but couldn't make it due to last second commitments. The place looked a little sketchy, and didn't appear to even have a stage, and had two pool tables in the middle of the floor. Strange set up from what I could see but bummed we missed it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.