Reed/Cale/Nico Bataclan 1972 LP

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by funknik, Nov 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. funknik

funknik He who feels it. Thread Starter

2. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

Possible. It does have "Pale Blue Eyes" and "Candy Says", which were on the legit release but are not on most boots. The source material is good enough.

3. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

I have never heard any version of this that sounds even half good. And that includes the supposed "legitimate" release.

Speaking of which, WHY do we believe that "legitimate" release is actually legitimate? It's on a no-name label and sounds like it was sourced from the same bad amateur hour tape.

4. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

I always thought it sounded good enough to release - it's a professional recording (French TV) and at least as good if not better than "Max's", for example.

I was told the release a few years ago was legit, I didn't buy it and don't know for sure one way or another. The two songs mentioned above weren't on my old cassette, though.

5. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

The official CD was sourced from the boot CD, adding the rehearsals and All Tomorrow's Parties audience recording, those also sourced from bootlegs. Btw, ATP was not an encore. It was part of Nico's set, not sure why it's not on the soundboard boot. All CDs, including the "official" run way too slow. The original boot CD, simply called "Bataclan" without any bonus tracks, runs exactly a semi-tone slow as do most of the boots and the official CD.

6. BlueSpeedway

BlueSpeedway YES, I'M A NERD

I agree - definitely good enough for release, but not good enough sound quality to bother with buying a pricey vinyl reissue, legit or not. A cheap CD should suffice for this, the vinyl is just a cashgrab.

7. hallucalation

hallucalation Forum Resident

8. gazatthebop

gazatthebop Forum Resident

The Pilot/Alchemy release from 2003 was not an official release. Cale took action.

9. hallucalation

So, this new reissue CD is legit or bootleg?

10. dlemaudit

dlemaudit Forum Resident

found the CD last week at Fnac retailer with New release sticker in the Lou Reed section
    label is Keyhole , so seems a bootleg to me ( same people that release some VU live stuff )
    i was unfamiliar with this recording , the sound is very good and some good performance ( except for Nico who i always disliked)

11. hallucalation

Probably boot! Does tape (music) still runs a bit slow?

12. dlemaudit

dlemaudit Forum Resident

i did not notice but only played it once while doing something else

13. hallucalation

Anyway, you save my 10 pounds! I'll probably stick with my cd-r..

14. Edgard Varese

Edgard Varese Royale with Cheese

That label has released some VU live stuff (two sets of the End of Cole Ave) which have appeared on Spotify. I think they are operating in a gray area (i.e. they are bootlegs in the strictest sense, but no one is stopping them putting them out).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.