Rega Exact Cart Setup

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Rollingjones, Sep 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rollingjones

Rollingjones New Member Thread Starter

Hi Guys, I have recently purchased a rega exact cartridge for my planar 2. Does any one have a picture of it Close up from above once mounted onto the arm on a rega turntable. Once the front single screw is mounted you can move the rear of the cart to the left or right or have it centred before tightening the 2 rear screws. I’m only talking a few mm of adjustment I was wondering if it matters which side it sits...thank you.

2. That's interesting. The 3 point mount should make it a snap in. It's been a few years since I mounted an Exact on my P5 but can you try to finger tighten all 3 first? then the the 2 mains should fall into their desired position.

Dan Steele likes this.
  3. Rollingjones

That’s how I’ve done / left it. it sits slightly to the right side when looking at it from above. Just wondered if that will run ok and get the best sound rather than pushing it to the other side or tightening it up central.

Dan Steele likes this.
  4. That's likely correct. My 2M Black is also slightly tipped inward toward the right/spindle*. Did you use the supplied Rega protractor to check your work?

* Rega P5

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
    Dan Steele likes this.
  5. Rollingjones

Not yet, I think I have it somewhere, need to remember how to use it lol.

6. Super easy and super simple. It's just a piece of cardboard with a hole in it that you put over the spindle and align the stylus and cartridge body with the grid marks. Bon voyage!

Rollingjones likes this.
  7. vinylontubes

vinylontubes Forum Resident

The "correct" way to install a Rega cartridge on a Rega tonearm to look at the open area of the slot toward the pivot. The geometry of the cartridge body will have a space allowing you to see through it. If the opening is mirrored left to right, the cartridge is positioned correctly. You can make it easier on yourself if you put a white piece of paper beneath the cartridge to make the contrast easier.

Dan Steele and Morbius like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.