Rega introduces the new Rega Planar 6 Turntable

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by btf1980, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Night Version

Night Version Well-Known Member

Or your eyes, biases, brand loyalties...

2. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

@jslcaballo did you ever figure out where the speed adjustment tool is? Pete (@Bananas&blow) has the same question.

Bananas&blow likes this.
  3. Bananas&blow

Bananas&blow Where the wind don't blow so strange.

Congrats on making my ignore list. Its now got 2 members on it. My brand loyalties? Lol. Its my first Rega. I'm sorry Rega stole your lunch box when you were in grade school.

Dmann201 and jon9091 like this.
  4. Bananas&blow

Never did find it. Still tossing the box. Sounds fine to me. Ignorance is bliss I suppose. I've had my Thorens for 2 years now and never checked the speed on it. I can tell it sounds mighty fine and I never notice any speed fluctuations. Not sure how good my ears are at this point so why overthink it. I would like the tool though. I'm 90% sure it wasn't in the box. I dug through every piece like 3 times. But the manual says the size of the Alan wrench, so if I get froggy and want to get the speed down to the 10th of a rpm, I'm pretty sure I've got the tool in my tool box. I'll report back with more info after I log some more hours on the Ania.

To those who hate Rega, my experience has been very positive so far. Not sure why this brand draws up so much hate. If you don't like their TT's, don't buy them or pollute their threads. I didn't read Rega threads before I was interested in the brand.

jon9091 and Fishoutofwater like this.
  5. mpayan

mpayan Forum Resident

What made you decide to go with a non Rega wall mount?

6. swvahokie

swvahokie Forum Resident

I would tell you where to find it, but I found mine in the floor a couple days after I set up the table. It is just a small plastic round tool a little over an inch long with an allen head on one end. Comes in a small plastic pouch.

7. Morbius

Morbius Forum Resident

Reading your post, made me think to go back to the shipping container and look for it, thought it might be attached to a piece of cardboard that came taped to the top of the NEO but no sign of it. Mabey Rega is not trying to encourage people to mess with the speed and create issues:D but like you I never thought to check the speed and I really don't care since everything sounds fantastic anyway. Never worried about the speed on my RP3 either and that deck always sounded lovely.

8. Bananas&blow

Because I've owned the wall mount for 2 years and the Rega for 3 days :). When I bought the wall mount I owned a Pro-Ject Debut Carbon. I liked the wall mount better than the Carbon, although it's fine for a starter table. Its actually worked great for my heavy Thorens and the light-weight P6. Both sound excellent on it. I put the Thorens on my dresser in my bedroom setup and it is very grumpy there, maybe have to get another wall mount. Sounds worse and footfalls are a problem.

mpayan likes this.
  9. swvahokie

swvahokie Forum Resident

If you get a new one , get the new light weight Rega for your P6 and use the Project on your Thorens

10. Write to the sound organization who distributed Rega in the USA. Snap a photo send the serial number. They will pop the missing tool to you in the mail.

11. chacha

chacha Forum Resident

If you don’t notice any issues with the speed I would just let it be and enjoy it.

12. I didn't get one in my package either...no manual, no protractor, no other tools...fighting with my dealer since early December.

13. Morbius

Morbius Forum Resident

Thanks for this but I first made contact with them a couple of years ago when I had an issue with my new at the time Elex-r and we were able to work it out via email.

displayname likes this.
  14. Classicrock

Classicrock Forum Resident

Always keep boxes. You will eventually move or want to sell. Boxed items fetch more money and you avoid transit damage with the original packaging.

Mazzy, Morbius, Dhreview16 and 2 others like this.

15. YES Especially for tables which are much more delicate to ship.