Rega introduces the new Rega Planar 6 Turntable

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by btf1980, Jul 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moebius

Moebius Forum Resident

Yes you're right, the P6 rubber feet are hollow inside so they sit over the adapter stubs without touching them.

Guth and Bananas&blow like this.
  2. gfong

gfong Forum Resident

Just wanted to post this up not to slight Rega but so others would believe what I wrote about the lack of quality the P6 turntable was shippped new in box to me. Grommets missing in counter weight, tone arm loose and scuffs on dust cover. The video does not show the scuff marks on the dust cover too well.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
  3. We believe you but contact your dealer AND write to the Sound Organization who is their US importer. Maybe Canada too?? They are very responsive and need to know this stuff. I've owned two Rega tables and the only issues have been a cart issue which was taken care of.

Record Fan and displayname like this.
  4. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

Yes they definitely need to know.
    Two (or is it 3) bad cartridges should not be a usual thing though . Seems like their QC might need some help

gfong and displayname like this.
  5. chromewaves

chromewaves Forum Resident

Plurison is the Canadian distributor
    https://www.plurison.com/home-en
    but your dealer should be the first point of contact. if they can't help, loop in the distributor.

6. gfong

gfong Forum Resident

As I wrote in my first post , the dealer is handling this fast and effectivly. The Canadian distributor is now Focal/Naim and they are sending me a replacement from their warehouse. Everyone has been informed and all parties are on this and I am sastified with their actions. Great customer service from the selling store and the importer.

7. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

Great!

8. chromewaves

chromewaves Forum Resident

oh, Focal/Naim just acquired Plurison this week - that's interesting.

displayname likes this.
  9. Bananas&blow

Bananas&blow It's just that demon life has got me in its sway

Thank you for the useful info. So sounds like the new one is designed exactly for the P6 and no modifications will be required. I likely will pick up the Rega wall mount once I get that room situated.

gfong likes this.
  10. Guth

Guth Music Lover

Good call. (And good luck!)

Bananas&blow likes this.
  11. Guth

Guth Music Lover

I finally got a nice block of time to do some listening today after doing far too little of that for way too long. Perhaps it's a bit of absence making the heart grow fonder, but today was pure listening bliss. I was focused solely on spinning vinyl and reminded of just what what a killer combo the Planar 6 / Ania truly is. I understand that not everyone has found the Ania to their liking, but in my system this combo sounds amazing. I particularly love how well this pairing is able to convey the not only the leading edges of instruments but also how it so accurately nails the decay (or lack thereof) of those same instruments. What this setup is able to do with tight bass lines is particularly enjoyable. The absence of bass overhang just adds so much energy and realism to the music. What a fantastic job Rega has done with this turntable.

12. gfong

gfong Forum Resident

Quick update, new P6 with Ania hand delivered by the Canadian distributor Plurison. Representative came to my house today and also setup to ensure I was taken care of. They went above and beyond my customer service expectations.
    Great customer service from Plurison the Canadian Distributor of REGA.

Back in the game and loving the P6 with Ania as an upgrade to my RP6/Exact!

Will do a RP6/Ania comparison to P6/Ania in another thread.

13. Bananas&blow

I would welcome your comparison here. This thread is all things P6 methinks. That's awesome they took care of you the 2nd time. I'm curious what you think of the Ania. I like mine, recently got a P6 and its still breaking in. I know down the line I'll need a new cart and have to determine at some point if $800 is worth it.

displayname likes this.
  14. Bananas&blow

Got my P6 wall mounted in my new home via the Rega wall mount. No adaptors needed on the new P6. Very simple to mount and sounds divine. I've probably got about 50 hours on my Ania and its improved dramatically in sound. I don't expect much further break in but other have reported more later down the road. The wall mount is a significant upgrade in sound as I think it has tightened up the bass versus sitting on a dresser previously. The wall mount was very simple to install and its always nice to have the TT isolated. I find the table to be a great match for my system in that the table gets out of the way of the music and does a great job presenting what is already there. Same description I would give my B&W's. You get what is there, for good or for bad. I've found the Ania to be more forgiving of surface noise than my Ortofon Bronze, while providing a more velvety sound. Curious to try upgraded carts down the line, but for now, I'm thrilled with the Ania.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Guth

Guth Music Lover

Good call @Bananas&blow. Your experience mirrors my own. You’ve done a great job describing exactly what this table brings to the mix as well as what it doesn’t. It does a fantastic job of extracting what’s in the grooves without adding anything else of it’s own, Quite the accomplishment at this price point.

ThorensSme and Bananas&blow like this.
  16. Echoes Myron

Echoes Myron Forum Resident

That looks absolutely gorgeous. I bet it sounds great. I think I need to go play that ZZ Top record now :)

Bananas&blow likes this.
  17. stenway

stenway Forum Resident

What's the best ONLINE store to buy Rega tables in USA?

18. displayname

displayname Forum Resident

I haven't purchased a Rega, but I've never had an issue with Music Direct.
    However, if you have an hifi shops in your area, I would highly suggest buying from them.

cut-out and HiFi Guy like this.
  19. rpd

rpd Senior Member

For sure should find a local or close to local dealer if you can...

displayname likes this.
  20. brockgaw

brockgaw Forum Resident

I know this is apples to oranges, but I have a Rega P25 on the original Rega mount and it made a huge difference. After adding the Origin Live rewire, Pete Riggle VTA adjuster, Groovemaster sub platter, Iron Audio platter, Groovemaster counterweight, Origin Live cartridge enabler, adjustable cone feet , Origin Live mat and Benz Glider I thought that I was finished. Rebuilt my motor and damped it , plinth and tonearm base with plumber's putty. To be honest, the biggest improvement was the wall mount supported by a 1.5" thick maple block. Should I have simply bought a later model Rega? Of course, but where's the fun in that?

21. Echoes Myron

Echoes Myron Forum Resident

I believe Bill @KT88 is a Rega dealer. I would give him a call if you don't have a local dealer.

22. Lebowski

Lebowski Hey, careful man, there's a beverage here!

Also contact forum member @GoldprintAudio
    He's the dealer who sold me a P3 a couple years ago.

GoldprintAudio and stenway like this.
  23. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

I had a positive experience with them as well, buying an RP8.

GoldprintAudio and stenway like this.
  24. CMT

CMT Forum Resident

I recently bought a Rega Planar 6 (August 2019), and while I'm very happy with it now, the first one that was delivered suffered from cosmetic flaws bad enough that I rejected it (very messy seams all around the plinth). The dealer was super nice about taking care of the problem and the replacement was perfect, so, as I say, no problems now, but, as someone else suggested here, maybe they need to pay a little more attention to inspections before shipping.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.