Rega P3 order

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Jamie Tate, Mar 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jamie Tate

Jamie Tate New Member Thread Starter

I ordered a Rega P3 turntable in early January through a local hi-fi dealer and have not received it yet. I was going to cancel my order and let Needle Doctor get a chance at my business but I just got this email from them:

Eh? What's this? I don't think anyone wants me to have one. Anyone else having problems with Rega not wanting your money?

2. Guy from Ohio

Guy from Ohio Senior Member

I ordered one in early december from a new jersey company and got it in a little over two weeks. It would have been 2 weeks longer if I waited for the black so I settled with white.

it was here http://www.avhifi.com/asp/default.asp
    now i see they don't offer them anymore

3. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

No, it's true that Rega through Laureman restricts retailing the Rega line. You CAN buy one, Jamie. You do have to buy one from a retailer that is certified to sell Rega, through Laureman.

Regas are also usually in short supply.

But....Jamie.... Aren't you in Laureman territory?? They distribute Rega almost single-handedly in the US. If you buy a Rega in the US, it's through Steve Laureman. Great guy!

US distributor: Lauerman Audio Imports, 519 Noelton Drive, Knoxville, TN 37919. Tel: (423) 521-6464. Fax: (423) 521-9494.

Otherwize DO NOT bother messing with just any retailer unless they are certified through Rega. I agree; big waste of time whilst they try, and you hold.....

4. Jamie Tate

The people I bought it through had a bunch of Rega stuff in stock just not the black P3 like I wanted.

I tried calling that number but was always disconnected before someone answered. Hmm. Curiouser and curiouser.

Didn't I read here a while back that Rega had changed to a different distributor?

5. JPartyka

JPartyka I Got a Home on High

Sckott (and others):

Lauerman is no longer the U.S. Rega distributor. See here. This is why the mail-order rules for Rega are changing as we speak ...

6. JPartyka

Signature Sound is one dealer that has a notice up on their site concerning this issue. The lower prices are cool, though ...

7. mcow1

mcow1 Sommelier Gort

Looks like you may have to find a local dealer. Here's the contacts.
    United States GMT - 5hrs (BST - 5hrs)

Cogent Inc.

Steve Daniels
    Mike Pranka
    11140 Petal Street
    Suite 350
    Dallas, Texas 75238

Retailer contact info:
    Steve Daniels
    Tel: 001 972 234 0182
    Fax: 001 972 234 0249
    E-Mail: [email protected]

Rega owners support:
    Mike Pranka
    Tel: 314 454 9966
    E-mail: [email protected]

8. Beagle

Beagle Senior Member

Well that just sucks. Lauerman is a fine person, I spoke with him on the phone when I sent my RB300 for rewiring and cable upgrade. He had the arm done and on it's way back within two days.

9. teaser5

teaser5 Cool Rockin' Daddy

Rega

Pretty sure Red Trumpet sell that one.
    I love mine!
    Peace
    Norm

10. JPartyka

I've been without my RB300 for almost seven weeks. :(

I sent it to Lauerman for the Incognito wiring upgrade, but didn't find out until after I mailed it that they didn't actually have the Incognito cabling in stock. I'd spoken to them on the phone the day before, but it never came up.

When they still couldn't tell me after two weeks when they'd have the Incognito kits back in stock, I had them send it back to me. I then sent it to another dealer who had one Incognito kit left ... he installed it but then told me he thought there was a bearing issue in my arm (which is rather old). When we determined we'd have to send it back to Rega in England for service, and that it would be very expensive, we mutually decided it would make sense for me to just buy a new arm. I asked him to sell me an Origin Live-modified RB250 (he distributes those in the U.S.).

And he didn't have that in stock, and as far as I know he still doesn't. :sigh:

I'm trying to be patient, but spending almost two months without my RB300 has been pretty rough ... Luckily I've got a vintage 'table as a backup (Luxman PD-264) on which I've installed my Dynavector 10x4 cart for use in the meantime.

11. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

That's too bad. Steve & CO did a great job. Yes, I would try Red Trumpet next.... Sorry, everyone. This is sad news I did not know.

12. mcow1

mcow1 Sommelier Gort

Re: Rega

They do show it in stock. It's best to call and see though if they can ship with the new distributor rules.
    Call toll free: (877) RED TRUMPET or (877) 733 8786
    International Customers: (717) 843-5562

13. Beagle

Beagle Senior Member

Wow. Two months? Ouch! I'd be going nuts. Mind you, mine was done about three years ago. Perhaps he wasn't as busy then. I had only sent the arm in for new wire and leads, but he suggested upgrading the cable so I went for it.

14. JPartyka

I am. :D I'm an impatient person by nature, unfortunately, but have tried to keep that under control ... I've tried not to bother the dealer more than once a week so far; last time I checked in (Friday), he still didn't have any OL RB250s to sell me. Maybe this will be my week, who knows ...

15. duff138

duff138 Forum Resident

unless you really like your dealer why not buy from Canada? Last summer it could be bought for $570, it's gone up a little since though. My brother-in-law just got his shipped for $600. Everest Audio in Canada. US dealers have always had ridiculous prices, even with the new price drop it's cheaper in Canada.
    If you're impatience you'll be glad to know it took 2 days to get from Canada to New England. It was bought on a Wednesday and he was able to spend the whole weekend enjoying it.
    Also there's another dealer in Canada that has them for $524 shipping included, but only accepts money orders.
    The money you can save can basically pay for a real nice cartridge. A cartridge from the Canadian dealer will be less too.

16. Jamie Tate

Thanks for the tip. :thumbsup: I've emailed them to see if they have any black models in stock.

17. duff138

duff138 Forum Resident

he got one last week. killer customer service. they have their cell phones all day till they go to sleep, and they'll return your call immediately. Let me know if you get one from them. call them now. good luck.

18. duff138

duff138 Forum Resident

he got one last week. killer customer service. they have their cell phones all day till they go to sleep, and they'll return your call immediately. Let me know if you get one from them. good luck.

19. Jamie Tate

Holy sh!t!! He just emailed me back and he has one in stock. If he has the right tonearm and Elys cartridge he's going to get a sale tonight.

That's incredible customer service!

20. Jamie Tate

He has a black one in stock. Next problem is a cartridge. Go here. to help me with this next problem. I started a new thread thinking I'd get more responses.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.