Rega Planar 2 for beginner

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by skads_187, Dec 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnCarter17

JohnCarter17 Forum Resident

No need for a new thread. This is going to get down to people's cartridge/stylus opinion. There are a lot of people with good experience in this (I am not one of them). Just be patient.

skads_187 likes this.
  2. skads_187

skads_187 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Thanks, thats what I am looking for, as I highly doubt they will have 3 p3's on the floor all with different cartridges installed waiting for me to test and listen to. so auditioning may be out of the question.

PhxJohn likes this.
  3. dreamingtree1855

dreamingtree1855 Filthy vinyl spinning hipster millennial

I recently bought a P3 and for the money I think the Elys2 is very good, though I understand it has mixed reviews. I would definitely go with that rather than spend a bunch more on the 2m blue which is a side-grade at best. It’s different, I don’t think it’s better.

skads_187 and Bob_in_OKC like this.
  4. Mookielagoo

Mookielagoo Marky-mark Vinyl Nut

... And be prepared to have your credit card ready...Vinyl is addictive! Good fun though and worth it!

skads_187 likes this.
  5. skads_187

I hope it will sound ok with my receiver, I dont think I will have money left over for a pre-amp, any good models to recommend? I can look for a used one in the interim.

6. skads_187

ok so if everything goes well, Ill be paying a visit tomorrow. I guess ill stick with the Elys2 , unless they can offer me some crazy deal on the bronze, which I doubt. thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.