Regarding CD presses of Elton John's "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road"...

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Paul K, Mar 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul K

Paul K Senior Member Thread Starter

Ok - I want to straighten this out for my own sanity.

DJM original CD.

Then MCA digital clone of the DJM disc. (double disc)

Then Polydor single disc. (this is apparently a DJM digital clone, but how with it being a single
    disc?)

Then the Rocket remaster.

Then the SACD.

My question relates to the first three issues. In particular how the MCA and the Polydor relate to the DJM.

Thanx in advance...

2. poweragemk

poweragemk Old Member

I have been told that the MCA Japanese first pressing (2 disc CSR) is a clone of the DJM. It sounds good to me at any rate, having never heard anything else but the Rocket disc...

3. Paul K

Paul K Senior Member Thread Starter

I live in Canada so what I am checking out is a Manufactured by Cinram version. Two disc - full artwork. Copyright says 1983. But this is on the artwork...

4. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

David Modny has said here in the past that the MCA two-disc set is a clone of the old West German DJM two-disc set. However, I don't know if he was referring to the original Japanese pressing on MCA or all MCA pressings. I have the DJM set and Japanese and US pressings of the MCA set, but I have not compared them all. The DJM and Japan-pressed MCA sets sound excellent, but it's been months since I listened to the US MCA pressing. I don't recall having issues with the US pressing. My guess is that all MCA pressings are the same. If I have time tonight, I'll grab my MCA sets and do a comparison.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.