Releases You’re Looking Forward To in ‘23?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by tomd, Dec 22, 2022.

1. c-eling

c-eling They're made of light,We never would have guessed

Nice possible title and thanks. Figured one was in the works.
    Still baffles me Crush/Pacific were skipped for a deluxe of Sugar Tax, possible stuff went up in flames. :sigh:

JeffMo and fluxkit like this.
  2. Mr-Beagle

Mr-Beagle Ah, but the song carries on, so holy

The Cat Stevens album that I was expecting in 2022.

3. Pearl and the Oysters next album
    Bob Dylan Fragments
    I'm crossing my fingers for a AAA quadrophonic reissue of Love in Us All by Pharoah Sanders along with Wisdom in Us All
    Bongo Fury
    box by Beefheart and that guitarist with the goatee
    Something or anything from Keith Richards or Tom Waits
    Green is The Color (Tone Poet) - Grant Green
    Any reissued Gil Scott-Heron that is AAA along the lines of the recent Pieces of A Man
    Something/anything that features Chuck, Flav, Terminator X or the Bomb Squad

4. Melele

Melele Groover

Thanks for sharing that video, made my week! Looking forward to the album.

Patanoia likes this.
  5. Dr. Nick

Dr. Nick Tufnel Is God

The new Iggy .

DME1061 and Jarra Lad like this.
  6. The next Juliana Hatfield covers album

jonnyhambone likes this.
  7. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

There could be a sizable boxset package of vintage material of 'The Iveys' (BBC Radio, demos and much more in 2023...
    [​IMG]

8. Pali Gap

Pali Gap Whiskey, mystics and men

Kind of what I figured, but also wasn’t sure if they were ‘official’ pressings or not without reading the fine print.

9. blackdograilroad

blackdograilroad Forum Resident

Rubber Soul super deluxe?

supermd, Vinyl_Blues and Man at C&A like this.
  10. Slim Zooms

Slim Zooms Senior Member

No official details announced but leaked info makes it sound brilliant for Ash-heads, rare live recordings, demos, video interviews.
    Possible Spring 2023 release :goodie:

hman likes this.
  11. mopper

mopper I hang out in record stores

John Cale - Mercy
    Porcupine Tree - Deadwing deluxe
    Porcupine Tree - Amsterdam live BD (the show was filmed and recorded, fingers crossed)
    Peter Gabriel - i/o
    Jimi Hendrix Experience - Electric Lady box set, RAH, Black Gold...
    New Patti Smith album
    New Aristocrats album

12. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

It’s all hopeful archive boxsets by my usual suspects!

13. Solaris Morse

Solaris Morse Forum Resident

Yeah, don't judge an album by its cover....or the bands name eh? ;) Actually, a lot of their music is quite uplifting but I take your point. :)

14. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

I really hope Jimmy Page’s solo project is Live Led Zeppelin.Yeah right,I’ll keep dreaming!

supermd and ARK like this.
  15. Vinyl_Blues

Vinyl_Blues Slave to the Groove

Is this going to be released on vinyl?

16. Hush

Hush "Fate, up against your will"

Of stuff that’s confirmed, I’m looking forward to the new albums from Gaz Coombes, The Murder Capital and Shame so far.
    It’s been a while since we’ve heard anything new from Primal Scream, the Bunnymen and the Charlatans, would be nice if at least one of those had a new record out in 2023. The same goes for The Jesus & Mary Chain, although I think their releases next year might concentrate on their vinyl reissue campaign.
    As for reissues, I have the New Order Low-Life box and the Curve vinyl ep’s on order so far. I’d be hoping for the Who’s Next box later in the year, maybe a couple of Bowie ones, Ziggy and the era box set spring to mind, and Rubber Soul possibly from The Beatles to come.
    Long shots I guess would be the Police deluxe sets and the Tin Machine box finally seeing the light of day. Can’t say I’m holding my breath for that mind you :laugh:

17. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

The New Steven Wilson Album. I loved his last 3 Albums, and since he ditched the Tour for The Future Bites, glad to read that he plans to play a few Songs from that Album on his 2023 Tour for his New Album.

Even though Deadwing is my least favorite PT Album, as prefer their Albums up through Lightbulb Sun, before their Music was too Hard-Rock for my taste(although Fear of a Blank Planet is one of their Heavier Rock Albums, which I rank high), and have also loved the last 3 Steven Wilson Albums, I will probably cave in and buy the Deadwing Deluxe Box Set, once I check out the Bonus Songs, and Lazarus is one of my Favorite PT Songs.

Speaking of Steven Wilson, I thought he mentioned a planned 10th Anniversary Box Set for Storm Corrosion, so now it will be past the 10 Year Anniversary if it still will get released in 2023, but let’s av it. Also, thought that SW mentioned a potential 2nd Storm Corrosion Album, but assume 2023 that he will focus on his New Album and a Tour, so hopefully a Storm Corrosion 2nd Album gets a release in 2024.

For Deluxe Box Sets, plan to buy Who’s Next and Haircut 100 Pelican West Album Set, which includes Songs that eventually ended up on Nick Heyward’s Debut Solo Album(North of a Miracle).

Also, will get whatever Box Set we get for an Elton John Album. Also, hoping for a Bowie, Ziggy Stardust Box Set and Lou Reed Transformer Box Set, with the Songs on CD, which were on the 2022 RSD Vinyl, among other Unreleased Songs.

Also, hoping now that the Prince Estate has been settled, that we get a potential Box Set for either Around the World in a Day & Parade Combination or a Black Album & Lovesexy Combination with Concerts included for Audio and BluRay for either of those periods. Or maybe the same for Dirty Mind & Controversy. I hope and think Purple Rain will get a Deluxe Box Set in 2024 as a 40th Anniversary release.

I will buy a potential New Album from The Cure and Peter Gabriel, but I keep thinking:

Last edited: Dec 23, 2022
    ARK and Tiptop22 like this.
  18. Exitmusic

Exitmusic Forum Resident

19. Vinyl is the Way

Vinyl is the Way Well-Known Member

The Who - Whos next
    Ramones - End of The Century
    Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Years

20. Solly Bridgetower

Solly Bridgetower Elton is my golden God of music. Deal with it.

1. Bob Dylan, Fragments: BS #17 SDE (January)
    2. Elton John, Don't Shoot Me I'm Only the Piano Player SDE (Spring?)

21. Pop_Zeus

Pop_Zeus Forum Resident

Confirmed:
    Guided By Voices
    Hammock
    Yo La Tengo
    Quasi

Likely:
    The Wedding Present - 24 Songs, compiled on a CD set
    Weezer - SZNZ, all 4 parts compiled on a CD set
    Hope Sandoval & The Warm Inventions
    Slowdive
    Amplifier
    Idaho - album & long awaited documentary
    The Cure

Possible / hopeful:
    Ride
    The Delgados / Emma Pollock
    The National
    Shellac
    Bluetile Lounge
    Piroshka
    Diiv
    The Twilight Sad

Last edited: Dec 23, 2022
    manicpopthrill likes this.
  22. Paul Aiden

Paul Aiden Forum Resident

The next Prince Super Deluxe

Uncle Miles, sonofjim and Tain like this.
  23. Country Rocker

Country Rocker Forum Resident

I wonder if the whole album will be remixed, as 'Cassidy' has clearly had a remix.

[​IMG]

24. OneMoreCupOfCoffee

OneMoreCupOfCoffee Forum Resident

Had no idea there was a new John Frusciante so thanks for the heads up. I'm a big fan of Maya so I'm hoping for more in that style.

25. OneMoreCupOfCoffee

OneMoreCupOfCoffee Forum Resident

Shame that Josh Evans isn't involved then. Loved what he did with Gigaton. Best production since Yield for me.

ARK, Alan57 and aorecords like this.