Remastered Pet Sounds CD on Feb 10

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by ivor, Jan 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport New Member

There's also a dual disc for Back in Black by AC/DC. Tower's web site show's it for sal but has no info.

2. poweragemk

poweragemk Old Member

Well, this isn't going to be a DVD-A, then, as AC/DC is on Epic now...
    ...unless someone else has information that states otherwise?

3. LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport New Member

Music Tap described so many things as "dual disc" yet the records were from completely different corporate entities (Capitol, Epic, Warner...). I am wondering if "Pet Sounds" is really Brian Wilson Plays Pet Sounds, released as a CD/DVD package like BÖCs last live album.

4. GabeG

GabeG New Member

Dual Disc is coming from all those companies - even Sony. It's a cd on one side and dvd (a and/or v) on the other. The goal is to have value added content (i.e. video, multi channel mix, hi-res) on the dvd side. The majors feel they can keep cd prices where they are and increase (or restore) sales. The idea is that people will pay for the discs instead (or in addition) to downloading. In many cases, dual disc will include dvd-a content. But I doubt that's the case for Sony's issues.

Even though I take musictap's info with a grain of salt, I'm sure if Pet Sounds is coming as a dual disc, it is the dvd-a surround version with the doc with the cd on the other side.

5. Friend of Brian W

Friend of Brian W New Member

I've never heard the DCC version. The praise it receives on this board has sparked my interest though. The only version I have is the original mono capitol lp which I used for a killer needle drop. Is the DCC better than that?

6. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

MUCH, much better, Friend.

Even the mono/stereo CD remaster is better than the original Capitol LP, as far as sound quality.

Evan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.