Remastered Stones vinyl!!!!!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Gary Mack, Aug 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gary Mack

Gary Mack Active Member Thread Starter

Where did this come from? Circuit City offers vinyl releases for $9.98 and higher - special order only! And the cd is $13.99 with free shipping if you buy two or more. Best Buy is still holding at $12.99 with free shipping.

Circuit City

GM

2. Aquateen

Aquateen Forum Resident

Huh, didn't even know that CC sold records. Anyways i'm looking to build a RS Vinyl collection so if anyone can comment on the remasters please post.

3. nin

nin Forum Resident

I would hope they take the analog remastering tapes of the SACD releases and release those on vinyl now!

4. kipper15

kipper15 Forum Resident

I suspect the 'remastered' LP's they are referring to are the versions that have been around for some years (they are based on the '86 CD remasters, NOT the current remasters). These LP's are now deleted so I'm informed by a reliable source.

I have a number of these 80s ABKCO LP's - they aren't anything to shout about, they sound just like the CD's.

The best pressings of the Decca-era Stones I've heard are UK originals or reissues from the 70s. I've got a number of these and they are better than the ABKCO LP's from the 80s. I've got a nice 70s German reissue copy of Beggar's Banquet which is pretty good.

I would say it's unlikely we'll see the Stones catalogue done on vinyl again.

5. Gary Mack

Gary Mack Active Member Thread Starter

Re: Re: Remastered Stones vinyl!!!!!

You are apparently right, for if one stumbles into the "album reviews" for each vinyl title, Circuit City notes their 1990 release date.
    Pretty misleading, IMHO.

GM :mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.