Ren and Stimpy Question

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by bba1973, Jan 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

I love this show . wish it was still on

2. mBen989

mBen989 Senior Member

Probably not going to happen due to some revelations about him becoming public last year.

3. Grunge Master

Grunge Master 8 Bit Enthusiast

I contributed to an indiegogo campaign of a documentary about Ren and Stimpy; "Happy Happy Joy Joy: The Ren & Stimpy story".

4. Tim S

Tim S Senior Member

Ha - there's a ton of quotable lines in Space Madness! I also quote a lot from Stimpy's Fan Club - Ren to mailman: "I don't want anymore of your filthy letters! Your services are no longer welcomed here!

5. vinyl_puppy

vinyl_puppy Der Weaselschnitzel

My favorite episode is the wrestling one, where Ren & Stimpy get beat to a pulp but still end up winning the match when Lump and Loaf throw it. Their post match interview with a Mean Gene-esque interviewer getting tons of spit on him. I like to gross my brother out when I mention the awful... the insidious... Flying Butt Pliers! :biglaugh:

6. beccabear67

beccabear67 Musical omnivore.

Once you've memorized every line from the John Kricfalusi Ren & Stimpy show there's always his Ripping Friends (another fine Spumco entertainment product)... and after that maybe Flapjack?
    [​IMG]

7. frozen-beach

frozen-beach Forum Resident

Nickelodeon stopped caring about Ren & Stimpy when Adult Party Cartoon was made. That was the nail in the coffin for them. The "revelations" (which had been rumored for YEARS) are just another thing on the pile of reasons.

MikaelaArsenault and mBen989 like this.
  8. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura

Please don't get me started with the R&S quotes-I'll be here all day.
    I use the "No sir, I don't like it" quote almost daily. Nobody gets it.
    "You eediot" also get used frequently. I enjoy my private jokes.
    There were shows that pushed the envelope, and then there's this one that burned it and ate the ashes.
    Probably the best thing about Ren & Stimpy was the copious use of "production" music. So I'll just leave this here:

9. Yeah, I still use those occasionally myself, along with the nice and simple "joy!"

10. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

Annnd, sure enough, we're left in the dark, waiting months and months for fresh Spumconiesness, only to encounter interminable reruns...then, fresh episodes, but...something's "off"...

No sir; I didn't like it.

That damn cadet and his jolly, candy-like button, that's started this whole mess...:mad:

11. serendipitydawg

serendipitydawg Dag nabbit!

I have fond memories of watching R&S with my son many years ago. Recently found some photos of myself wearing a R&S T-shirt he bought for me. I didn't even know the DVD set was available. Deeply tempted!

Tim S and Matthew Tate like this.
  12. frozen-beach

frozen-beach Forum Resident

What I want is the release of the sessions that led to the opening theme and ending theme. I read an album of it was suppose to come out, but never did.

Also, while we'll never get a new release that's actually uncut, there is a way to get them uncut.

Splungeworthy and Matthew Tate like this.
  13. FredHubbard

FredHubbard Forum Resident

I used to watch this on BBC2 Friday nights after dropping acid in the early 90's....haven't seen it since. along with Danger Theatre and Tropical Punch (starring Adam West)... it occupys a very strange place in my memory hole

Gumboo and Matthew Tate like this.
  14. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

Graham Parker has a R&S T shirt on one of his album covers.
    He said at a live show that JK gave him a personalized drawing of R&S, captioning it somehow with them 'squeezing out sparks'

15. keefer1970

keefer1970 Metal, Movies, Beer!

Years ago when I worked for KMart, I was cleaning out a corner of the stock room and found a plastic "tree trunk" that must have fallen out of some kind of toy playset. I put it on top of the cash register in my department and stuck a sign to it that said "NOW AT KMART! IT'S LOG FROM BLAMMO! ALL KIDS LOVE LOG!"

...the store manager didn't get the reference (or find it funny) and made me get rid of it. :(

Simon A, Gumboo and Dudley Morris like this.
  16. Tim S

Tim S Senior Member

OP unkowingly created a ren and stimpy appreciation thread - hey, it was needed!

[​IMG]

MikeInFla and Zoot Marimba like this.
  17. amonjamesduul

amonjamesduul Forum Resident

I still say "it hurts!" from the tooth ache episode sometimes not even remembering after all the years where I got it from.Anyone see The lost episodes DVD released years ago?I thought it was terrible.

18. Nice to see this was oversubscribed by a third. That surely helped with the sadly necessary re-editing.

19. Jeff Kent

Jeff Kent Forum Resident

And who can forget Frank Zappa as The Pope clinging tenaciously to Powdered Toast Man's buttocks.

[​IMG]

Simon A, Dan C, goodiesguy and 3 others like this.
  20. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

Finally cruised through the three S1 dvd's this week. Great fun seeing these episodes again. I had a buddy in college who introduced me to R&S, and he had a few VHS tapes that we watched over and over, but it was probably 10-12 episodes, so several of these were new to me. 've got the Log and Muddy Mudskipper songs stuck in my head all over again!

Matthew Tate likes this.
  21. So, any updates on that documentary?

Matthew Tate likes this.
  22. Jerrika

Jerrika Mysterious Ways

My friend Xavier used to love this show.

23. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

24. Tim S

Tim S Senior Member

My favorite single line from the show - Ren and Stimpy are sleeping in a tent and someone comes to the tent, Ren wakes up and is barely awake. Ren says "Stimpy, get the flap."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.