Replacement headphone cord sought

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by R. Totale, May 25, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason Thread Starter

I recently bought my wife some headphones marketed as being made by "Floyd Rose", known for guitar accessories. She loves the way they sound, but the detachable cord was of rather poor quality and broke after a couple of weeks. I tried calling the actual Floyd Rose company, but was told there that they had no replacement parts and I had to ask "the guy who runs the headphone company", for whom they had no name or number, just an email address. Two inquiries there went unanswered. I exchanged the headphones for another pair, but would like to try to source another cord for when this one inevitably breaks. The cord is detachable, but I cannot find any headphone replacement cords which use the same connector on the headphone end. You can see the cord below, the headphone end (one mono plug for each ear) looks like the plug you used to get on an earphone that came with a 1960s transistor radio. Has anyone seen another headphone with detachable cord using these plugs? There is a volume control inline, but I don't care about that.

[​IMG]

2. wwaldmanfan

wwaldmanfan Born In The 50's

There are a number of companies who make custom headphone cables. This is the first one that came up when I googled that phrase. Those connectors don't look like anything too exotic. I would start here.
    Custom OCC Headphone Cable

3. R. Totale

Thanks, but can't pay $100 for a cable for $40 headphones. It's just a cable, but it looks like most have changed the connector on the headphone end for a newer type. I can buy one of those easily for $5-7, dig up the connectors and solder them on myself, but I'd rather find one where it's already been done. If similar phones are available under another brand name I could hit them up to buy a replacement.

4. Mbe

Mbe Forum Resident

I don’t know the location, Under the inverted Bowl of Darkness

Amazon US ASIN: B0771KNV18
    Amazon UK ASIN: B07WMY5XW5

The above appear to be a similar connector with inline control (not volume).

If not suitable It may point towards the right direction.

5. R. Totale

A great American humorist, Jean Shepard, coined the phrase to denote the Midwestern part of the USA

Brilliant, many thanks. I can now see this cord configuration was used on other headphones by Sennheiser and Monoprice and replacements are readily available.

Mbe likes this.
  6. Mbe

Mbe Forum Resident

Excellent, I can consider myself a little more educated thanks to you and Jean Shepard :righton:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.