Resident Alien TV show

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Nomadicarchivist, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Paul J

Paul J Forum Resident

I know it’s a tv show about an alien, and don’t look too deep, but I guess I missed something, and maybe others didn’t....

The whole New Mexico thing, it helps set up the government narrative, but when did it ever come up in the first four episodes that he was there?

I thought he crashed in Colorado, and has been looking for parts of his ship & the contents thereof.

And then, while searching through snow, on limited time because of prying eyes, Harry is suddenly in New Mexico ...

I keep telling myself it’s just a show.

2. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

You are not alone. I thought the same thing myself.

And if that is the ship, then what were the dead man and two birds on top of?

Theoretically, Patience could be on the border of Colorado and New Mexico (but the show is actually filmed in B.C.). It's so confusing! But, still good.

Paul J likes this.
  3. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

New Mexico is a flashback scene from 4 months ago, it's where his ship finally landed. The lightning strike scattered parts of it in Colorado which he's been trying to find ever since. Seems like a logical explanation.

The suspended hiker is a bit of puzzle, it didn't appear to be gov't agents who found him, I know if it was me there would be a 911 call and that entire scene would be overrun by (police/FBI) etc...yeah I found a dead body suspended in mid air above some weird looking piece of metal...we'll see if this plot hole gets resolved or not.

Paul J likes this.
  4. Paul J

Paul J Forum Resident

Thanks!

The ‘floater’ was in Colorado, with the snow & all. I’m thinking what is causing the anti-gravity there is a piece of the ship, or equipment, that he is searching for to complete his mission. He was able to simulate with ore from the mine, and used with the apple.

My best guess, since there doesn’t seem to be much explanation, is that the vehicle that he was in and got hit by lightning is a module from the Mother Ship in New Mexico.

But I have nothing as to why he is there in New Mexico, when all his attention was toward finding stuff in the snow.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
  5. Paul J

Paul J Forum Resident

The multiple flashbacks can be confusing, trying to keep them in order.

Maybe the folks that saw the floater were the same folks that were doing shots with Bruce, and never documented.

6. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

I'm assuming the last scene of the last episode is present day? I don't remember if they showed him driving a car or not. Either way his plan would have to be to get there and back while his wife was "sleeping" so the ship has to be somewhat close to him even if in a different state.

So, I'm still confused but looking forward to next week.

Nomadicarchivist and Paul J like this.
  7. Andy Smith

Andy Smith .....Like a good pinch of snuff......

No chance to lump-watch. It's weekly here.
    Nearing the end now. Sad, but what a marvellous series it has been.

I got around to watching Thursday's episode this morning. Some more killer lines that had me laugh out loud. It's all about context (again).

"I would grow a moustache as a disguise but then I'd have to get a job as a firefighter or paedophile."

Town floozy to town skank: "Is the spray you put in your shoes a little toxic?"

"I peed in your bed"

I loved Nathan Fillion as the octopus. Knew the voice but couldn't place it.

There's times when Alan Tudyk's gurning trespasses into Lee Evans territory but it's still amusing to view.
    ....and I reckon he's not even the star. It's the female cast-members make the program for me.
    Hoping, if there's another series, we get Harry's wife back.

8. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

When I first saw Harry's wife I thought "Makes sense she looks like a Vulcan."

Madness and Andy Smith like this.
  9. Andy Smith

Yeah, I twigged that too. Very knowing.

Lonson likes this.
  10. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

Nathan Fillion, totally missed that, and I watch "The Rookie".

11. Paul J

Paul J Forum Resident

“What’s the good news?”

“We didn’t order the octopus.”

So, this is definitely a one season series?

12. Yawndave

Yawndave Forum Resident

Max, when asked why Harry was going up to the glacier: "Talk to my lawyer!!!" (runs away)

Andy Smith likes this.
  13. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

No official word yet.

Paul J likes this.
  14. Paul J

Paul J Forum Resident

“Napping”

The series has a ton of quotes, several not fit for family gatherings.

I was hooked with the first Law & Order appearance/reference.

As Jeff Bridges said his Starman character was based on the head movements of a new born bird, I think Tudyk’s is based on a lizard’s.

Madness likes this.
  15. lc1995

lc1995 Forum Resident

It is the highest viewed SyFy show in a while so I'm sure they'd renew it unless the creators feel that the story is complete.

Nomadicarchivist and Paul J like this.
  16. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

The next three episodes are titled

End of the World as We Know It
    Welcome Aliens
    Heroes of Patience

17. rogertheshrubber

rogertheshrubber Senior Member

GREAT funny show!

18. lc1995

lc1995 Forum Resident

Renewed for Season 2!

This was the most viewed SyFy show in 6 years if I'm not mistaken

Deuce66 and Paul J like this.
  19. Andy Smith

Well, that's good news.

Nomadicarchivist and lc1995 like this.
  20. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

It's doing much better than I thought.

‘Resident Alien’ Renewed For Season 2 By Syfy – Deadline

Ahead of the Season 1 finale, Syfy has renewed its hit dramedy Resident Alien starring Alan Tudyk for a second season.

Resident Alien is about to wrap its first season as the most-watched new cable drama in the last year in total viewers and No. 2 in the adults 18-49 demographic. It’s also Syfy’s highest-rated new drama in more than six years in total viewers and earns the second-biggest time-shifting gain for any cable drama in the last year in total viewers, according to Nielsen.

The January 27 series premiere has drawn 9.3 million viewers across all platforms and NBCUniversal networks. The cross-platform launch strategy to leverage the power of NBCU’s entertainment portfolio was emphasized by Frances Berwick, Chairman, Entertainment Networks, when she first took the job last fall. In Live+3, the following week’s episode saw an increase of 581,000 viewers, the biggest jump for a cable drama launch since 2014, according to the network and Nielsen.

Vidiot and lc1995 like this.
  21. Nomadicarchivist

Nomadicarchivist Forum Resident Thread Starter

AWESOME news!!!

Such great writing so far...

22. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

I was surprised by the direction they took in the last episode. Interesting that they already did the reveal. I thought that might be saved for the Season Finale.

It's nice to see that the show remains consistently funny despite whatever direction they go in the main storyline.

Well deserved Season 2.

Paul J likes this.
  23. Paul J

Paul J Forum Resident

I’m not sure how I feel about the reveal. With a second season on board it seems a little early, and I liked the interplay where Asta just thought he was a very odd character.

lc1995 and tonyc like this.
  24. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

I'm expecting full on (un) intentional cosplay hilarity in the next episode if the description I read for ep.9 "Welcome Aliens" is accurate.

lc1995 and Paul J like this.
  25. Nomadicarchivist

Nomadicarchivist Forum Resident Thread Starter

Another great show tonight. Him going to a UFO convention was brilliant... Also curious to find out who the 30 year old abductee turns out to be

Lonson likes this.